Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Lexapro, Zoloft, anyone know any news?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hairy

Lexapro, Zoloft, anyone know any news?  Reply with quote  

So, meesa gettin a little desperate. Sad

I've been having serious problems with depression for around 15 years now. From 2004-2006, I was able to use first Zoloft and then Lexapro to completely turn my life around again. Either of them works beautifully for me. Unfortunately, they didn't work for long -- two months for Zoloft, five for Lexapro, and neither works at all now. According to my last shrink, the dropoff was way too fast for it to be my brain adjusting, and the symptoms didn't match that anyway -- so either my body is no longer absorbing them, OR my liver is metabolizing them too quickly to let them do their work. (Because of how their effectivenesses tapered off, I think it's an absorption problem.)

He also said that the pharma companies would be coming out with new co-drugs that would help overcome both of these problems. He expected them to get final approval by around the end of 2012.

Has anyone heard anything about these? I can't find any information, and I have no way of contacting him or any other docs at present. I'm no longer insured, etc., etc.

Sorry, weird question, but I don't know anywhere else I could ask. The only psych-help forum I found turned out to be run by Scientologists. . . .

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

In the meantime, hit the health food store or vitamin shoppe and buy a reputable brand of 5-htp It's been shown to be as effective as most prescription antidepressants with little to no side effects.
you may find you no longer need the expensive prescriptions.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
lisa

Eat more spicy foooood!

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

lisa wrote:

Eat more spicy foooood!

Shocked I agree with her, but I think everybody should do this,
even if they're not depressed-
it does give a pretty good buzz, ya know...

I'd add more recommendations but I'm not actively using my psych degree... Wink

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

I've read that Wellbutrin (and its generic, Bupropion) has been used to support the work of SSRIs. It's also used alone.

Good luck finding something that works for you over the long haul.

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: