Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Word(s) Up, G.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hillary

Word(s) Up, G.  Reply with quote  

So my little brain has been working again. Scary, that.

Lauren recently joined a writing group with some of her work cohorts. Shes inspired me yet again. Ive been intending to join one for a long while, and I wandered about the web, searching for a bunch of quasi-intelligent people to read/edit/enjoy.

Then it occurred to me: I might not be the only one interested in doing something like this on this very board.

So anybody up for it? I would love to see if we have any interest. Basically wed have a week or two to throw a scene/chapter whatever together, then wed email/post it somewhere for group critiques (not here Ive got a private webpage we could use). Respect is the major factor with something like this, so if you dont have words other than WOW THIS SUCKS in your vocabulary, Id suggest not volunteering. Also, we have a diverse group. If you don't like reading/editing different genres, this might not be the place for you.

If this sounds like something anyone would be interested in doing, drop me a Private Message or an email at lazyjade@hotmail.com. If we have enough folk, we can try to get together somewhere on Chatzy and hash out more detailed criteria.

Gracias, amigos!

Onward!

Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

I'm sort of interested... I don't have the time or the drive to actually do any work on my own writting, and I don't know that I would be a good critic -- its not like food or sex... I can creique the hell out of those...

BUT, I am interested in reading what other people post... I think that might be fun... and it will either make me accept the fact that I have no business writting, or give me the encouragment I need to continue writting...

if you don't want me, I won't be crushed though...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

Okay, Everybody.  Reply with quote  

Great response, good sized group, too, which is nice.

I've got an email coming that will explain the way things are going to work pretty soon. Keep your eyes peeled, kids.

Also, make sure I have active, correct email addresses if you want in. This will be my last post here about it, so send me PM's or email with questions!

Thanks!

Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tal

I'd like to join but I'm not terribly productive right now...

Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hillary

To read and review is free. To get reviewed by others, you must commit to review. Follow?

Old stuff that you want to revitalize is okay.

Just let me know what aspect of things you're interested in. Reading/Reviewing only, or reading, reviewing, and GETTING reviewed. It matters.

No seriously: LAST post.

http://www.hillarysplace.com/Forums/

Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: