Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Do you dream about flying?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kidzlibrarian

Do you dream about flying?  Reply with quote  

I must have been thinking about that discussion here about the Matrix and bad science in sci fi books and movies because I dreamt about flying again last night. I love flying in my dreams unless I am being chased by something, which mostly happened when I was a kid. Anyways, I was curious about how many other people fly in their dreams and methodology. I don't flap my arms. It is completely will driven. Sometimes I can make myself go really fast, sometimes I lose power and start sinking. Sometimes, I can even carry someone, like Superman. Hope I'm not exposing too much of my warped psychological make-up. Although, if you want to psychoanalyse (sp?) me, go right ahead, it would be cheaper than seeing a shrink, I suppose. In any case, here's my question - do you fly in your dreams and if so, how?

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Katie

I sometimes dream about falling from great heights, but it's quasi-controlled fall. One time I dreampt that I was falling , but I could kind of steer myself, so I kept aiming to land in rivers and haystacks. It was a strange dream because I actually did land (in a haystack) and there was a flash of light and a voice that told me my uncle was going to die. He was really sick at the time. He didn't die, but it was an unsettling dream. I don't ever recall dreaming about flying on my own willpower. Usually it's something like that or I'm being sucked up by a tornado or something.
*^_^*
Katie

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Goudron

Once in a great while I'll dream I can fly (own willpower as well), but usually I dream that I remember I could fly, and then I have a helluva time flying. It's usually frustrating, but there are moments of satisfaction.

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

night flying  Reply with quote  

You really want to do some flying in your dreams, learn Lucid Dreaming. There's a few books on how to dream lucid (inc Key Weird, in it's own way), and once you get the hang of it, you can fly at will. You still have to be asleep, or at least at first. Wink

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katie

I've also dreampt I could levitate a few inches off the ground. Usually I can't control it though and I'm agraid someone will see me. I need to learn how to dream lucidly, but then that might take all the strange sponteneity out of it.
*^_^*
Katie

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
John

I dream that I'm flying all the time.

But it is usually a nightmare. Mostly because I am stuck in coach and I can never get the damn peanut bag open that the stewardess gives me.

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kidzlibrarian

hi, John  Reply with quote  

That's a very common nightmare. And then the next part is when they throw you off the plane because you pull out your knitting needles to try to open the peanuts and they think you're a terrorist. Am I right or am I right?

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Q

Re: night flying  Reply with quote  

Taco Bob wrote:
You really want to do some flying in your dreams, learn Lucid Dreaming. There's a few books on how to dream lucid (inc Key Weird, in it's own way), and once you get the hang of it, you can fly at will. You still have to be asleep, or at least at first. Wink

The marketing campaign begins.
and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katy O

I don't dream about flying in the way you're dreaming -- I dream about flying off of bridges while I'm either a passenger or the driver of a car. Scares the crap out of me.

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

I don't dream about flying, but I do dream about "Great Heights"

I dream that I am driving on bridges and overpasses that are extremly high... like 1 or more miles high... yeah, its wierd... No planes though, just cars... driving higher and higher...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jewbacca

I had a dream once that i could fly and i would go up to the tops of the clouds and then dive off them into the ocean. damn that was a cool dream

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

Most of my dreams are about death. I have died in so many ways. My most popular one is while driving. It hasnít happened so much since I bought my newer vehicle but on occasion I will have a dream about skidding off the road and crashing to my death.

The worst are my dreams about dying while swimming because I donít swim well as it is and there is always a shark that comes after me. Swimming dreams are bad.

Ta,

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jewbacca

whenever I dream that something is coming after me i am running on a sidewalk and all of a sudden the cement becomes wet again and I run really slowly. Then the second the monster or animal or exgirlfriend gets me i wake up.

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

aside from the super high bridges, my scariest dreams are about ghosts -- the really scary part is that they don't go away when I wake up... I don't really care for that...

and then there are my anxiety dreams... I dream I'm back iin the army, and either I can't find my boots, or I run out of ammo and have to load my gun with pebbles... either way, I wake up in a cold sweat...

nope... still no dreams about flying...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Taco Bob

Lucid dreams  Reply with quote  

Lucid dreaming is a favorite subject of mine. It's sometimes compared to meditation, but doesn't get nearly the attention from writers and media.

A good, no bs link:

http://www.lucidity.com/

Other than making for a good free hobby you can enjoy at night, the only practical benny seems to be controling nightmares. Then again, there's the sex dreams.....

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: