Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

vday

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
creepy

vday  Reply with quote  

i read that in my paper today...
though i appreciate lots and lots of chocolate v.day seems kinda overrated to me- if my guy and i go anywhere its always really crowded, and you have to wait forever at the restaurant for your food, hotels are overpriced and overbooked, movies are sold out and youre left with a choice of seeing something like fat albert or meet the fockers. our anniversary's only a few days later so thats when i want the expensive jewelry and deluxe sized bag of candy corn.
kidding of course(about the jewelry, not the candy corn- i love that stuff).

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Quote:
for the guy in the long, committed relationship, Valentine's Day is simply a pitfall, like anniversaries or other holidays that he'll get in trouble for if he forgets

Not only if he forgets, but if he doesn't plan enough special things to do, or if the gifts aren't quite right. And I don't have a CLUE as to what jewelry to buy (given enough cash to buy any). This past Christmas, I thought I'd buy a necklace, and there was even this woman from work there by chance going "oh yeah she'll love that it's beautiful." I bought the nice necklace, then I went to the dollar store and bought a not so nice necklace. I hid the nice necklace in the bottom of the jewelry box and put the crappy one up top so there would be some humour when she opened it.

She opened it and got the desired "WTF" look on her face when she saw the crappy necklace. It didn't look like she was going to dig for the good one, so I dug it out for her, but her expression didn't change like I thought it would. She took it back and exchanged it for a ring that cost a little less, so I guess that's cool Very Happy

Our 12th anniversary is on Sunday (yes, the 13th), so wish me luck!

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Chris: "She will, in turn, present me with something dark and disgustingly chocolate"

You are so my kind of guy.
Do you do foot massages?
Wink

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Goudron wrote:
Our 12th anniversary is on Sunday (yes, the 13th), so wish me luck!

My anniversary was Feb. 13. We always used the 14th, though, because if we had been able to get a judge to do the ceremony in our home on the 14th (a Saturday), that would have been the date. But no, we got married on Friday, the 13th. David was on crutches, having broken his ankle while picking up the wedding invitations. You'd think I would have seen the signs and said, "Wait. Let's hold off for a little bit." But nooooooo. We made it almost 20 years, though. Much better than the 9 months my first marriage lasted.

Yeah, Valentine's Day is highly overrated. Twisted Evil

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kidzlibrarian

I love Vday!  Reply with quote  

I love Valentine's Day, even though hardly anyone has ever gotten me a present that I have liked. I am extremely picky and tactless. My last boyfriend learned to ask me what I wanted. He gave me a paper cutter for my birthday present once. Its what I wanted! My idea of the perfect Vday would be staying in and cuddling, making dinner together, watching a video, whatever...

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
J'Bean

Blogged???!!  Reply with quote  

Chris!!

For awhile I thought you might be blogged!!! I was ready to recommend fiber, wheat bran, … anything for a good flush!!!

Instead C & C are planning a romantic endeavor. Your plans ARE a little different, but hey, … whatever toots your horn! Enjoy the sci-fi love-in.

It’s good to know you aren’t joining the death march. There’s enough croaking going on with the frogs taking over paradise. I hear they sing a tune of “e-coqui”. This population is always dying to laugh; …in fact, it seems they’re always on auto pilot … and speaking for myself, my wish is to die laughing! Just as long as there's nothing “grave” going on! Other Moore’s have jumped ship … so just remember this song, … it’s, “one paddle, two paddle”, … three paddle, … four to take me home”. Don’t recognize the tune?? --- no problem. Don Ho ran it over the ocean & into the ground. Let’s try … Tiny Bubbles, … in the wine … it’s the weekend, we all feel fine!!!

Judy
(aka J’Bean; not to be confused w/JillyBeans Smile ... my sprouts are older!)

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:26 pm   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: