Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

The truth behind "Ask the Author Guy"

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jessehayes

The truth behind "Ask the Author Guy"  Reply with quote  

Okay, there, pal.
I want the truth. Are you just having us ask you these oddball questions so that you can then use them as plot points or other to write one of these "books" you continue to write. I hear and practice that "good actors borrow and great actors steal." Can the same be said of writers? Are you stealing? Cause that would be genius and therefore I would be genius for thinking of it. Just think of how your readers would feel knowing that they contributed to your book. Maybe there's a contest in there...a stump the writer contest, where 5 people give you points that you MUST fit into your next book. We could make a reality show out of it. How much does reality T.v. suck? too much ...take it from an actor. Maybe the audience is just getting dumber?

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:06 am   
Blarg

chris wrote:
Tal wrote:
Dear Author Guy -
Is this Q&A a ingenious plan to fuck off on the internet instead of writing?

Love,
Tal

Imagine how motivated I am to interact with you guys when every other time I post one of you reminds me that I have a book to write. The Q&A is so I don't have to come up with original material for the Blog so I CAN work on the book, genius.

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tal

Wish there was a way to retract that particular poor attempt at humor. Sad

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kilgore

Re: The truth behind "Ask the Author Guy"  Reply with quote  

Jessehayes wrote:
Okay, there, pal.
I want the truth. Are you just having us ask you these oddball questions so that you can then use them as plot points or other to write one of these "books" you continue to write. I hear and practice that "good actors borrow and great actors steal." Can the same be said of writers? Are you stealing? Cause that would be genius and therefore I would be genius for thinking of it. Just think of how your readers would feel knowing that they contributed to your book. Maybe there's a contest in there...a stump the writer contest, where 5 people give you points that you MUST fit into your next book. We could make a reality show out of it. How much does reality T.v. suck? too much ...take it from an actor. Maybe the audience is just getting dumber?

I was just going to sit down and write a bit tonight but then I came across this morsel. Ah, the taste of stupidity. There is nothing like it.

Jesse, are you Canadian or just some poorly educated representative of the human race. I donít mean to lump the Canadians in with the likes of you but they are so easy to insult. Insulting people is something I am fairly good at.

It is very rare that intelligent people, even Canadians, can find a place to gather without someone coming along and pissing on it. There are not too many writers that are willing to interact with their audience. The only ones that I can readily think of are Chris Moore and Douglas Adams. If you are curious about Adams, he is the person who started HTG2 on the BBC website. He also wrote a few books.

If you donít like it, then, fuckoff, you can sit back and read the humourless Dan Brown and his milking of Jesus. Does he have a website that he corresponds with his audience?

Here is a link to his webpage: http://www.danbrown.com

I was looking and there doesnít seem to be one.

There is one thing that you were right about. That is that the audience is getting dumber. That was proven with the last US election. Remember that you are a member of the audience and the only way of not being one is checking out. So, why not go against the grain and raise the intelligence quotient of the audience. That is the contest.

Ta,
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

-KV

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

Oh, Kilgore, take your PILLS please.

I apologise for Kilgore. It has been a bit of a rough day.

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Everyone just settle down. Everybody tries a joke occasionally that misses the mark, snd sometime hits a sore spot. I'm famous for it.

Tal, Jesse, you're fine. Carry on. No one is going to get flamed here again because I get sore about being reminded why you all came here in the first place.

So carry on, kids. Everything's good.

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jilly

I carry mustard in my purse because I have been known on more than once occasion; okay already, every day, stick my big old foot in my big old mouth in an attempt to make someone laugh. Try it. It goes great with toe jamb and big toes.

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:10 pm   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: