Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Projects Projects Projects

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Regina

Projects Projects Projects  Reply with quote  

So, out of curiousity, whats everyone working on?

I'm doing rewrites on the first novel, in the midst of my first collaborative novel, and I've got rewrites going on a couple of short stories while trying to drum up some (worthwhile) ideas for new projects.

I *should* be working on a third episode of a soap opera spoof thats been performed a couple of years in a row at a local community literary event .

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Blarg

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first book. My main character just lost an ear and an eye in the last chapter. I'm probably going to have drafts to send out to peeps here in about two months or so. Its probably going to be about 430 or so pages after revisions and such.

I have about 30 songs finished, and another 12-15 or so that need to put to music.

And tons of anime caricatures

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tal

I should be working on the Young Adult version of my nonfiction book.

I should be working on the fantasy novel that has been running around in my head for the past 10 years.

I should be working on the science-fiction novel that has been running around in my head for the past 5 years.

Instead I'm working on the following in World of Warcraft:

• Scholomance - a School of Necromancy in the Plaguelands.
  • Stratholme - a stronghold of the Scarlet Crusade in the Plaguelands
  • Leveling my warrior to high enough level to be of use to the guild.

I am geek here me roar.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

Working on the fantasy novel I started last November, during National Novel Writing Month. Got rid of all the crap from that (even though I didn't consciously write filler, I wrote a lot faster than usual, so it was rife with stilted, awkward dialogue and useless words.)

Finishing "Kate", a short story I started ages ago. The beginning of it should still be in the fan fic forum, but I'll be pulling it sooner or later, so I can submit it. Eventually.

Rewriting "The Hum," another short fiction piece. Started out as an attempt at flash fiction, now regular short story length.

And sitting, waiting, is another novel that I've started but have stalled on. Sigh.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
y

Currently I'm working on not quitting my job, mainly because I have bills to pay.

As far as writing goes..
I'm working with a friend in NY into turning some of my poetry into songs. (very hard to do long distance by the way)
I'm perpetually trying to buckle down and go with a story line for my book/novel/fictiong thing (I'm afraid my real talent lies in going off on tangents)
And writing a bunch of short stories to fill up the rest of the time.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
palmer

doing..  Reply with quote  

Sending my first novel here and there. Feeling profoundly unpublished.

Working on the second draft of my second novel. Loving it!

Post Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: