Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

How come when you're newly married, women get interested
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jillybeans

How come when you're newly married, women get interested  Reply with quote  

I feel like one of those kids in the first grade that goes "oooh. oooh. ooooh. I can answer that question" and the teacher just ignores you. Sgt. Steve wants to know why women get interested in you when you are newly married or in a relationship and AG answered with this:

C: I have no idea why this happens, but it is so predictable
as to be scary. And it's not just getting married, this has
gone on back as far as fifth grade. The corollary to this little
formula when it comes to the single guy, is that as soon as
he makes a move for any of the newly interested, they too,
will evaporate. I will defer to the women on the board, who
hopefully will explain

It's because we can and it's fun. No really. Haven't you guys even got a clue? It's called the law of competition and supply and demand. Okay a question for you: Have you ever been in a restaurant, ordered something and decided that you're friend, date, whatever has something that looks better than yours? So you go to take a bite of it and get a fork stuck in your hand. The law of competition at least with women is that we want what we can't have. The law of supply and demand is because there really are very few good guys out there and we are hell bent to get one, even when we are not sure we want one. How do you know that the good one is one: He could leave dirty underwear around the house or forget to lift the lid on the toilet. My personal favorite is leaving the toilet paper on the roill that's gone out and not putting it on the spindle. How hard is it to replace the toilet paper on a spindle? Oops. Sorry. I'm starting to rant.

But to tell you the truth I like guys that are truthful and tell me they're in a committed relationship so I don't get my hopes up and still have a friend.[/quote]

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

That 'splains it. Thx, JB

Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jilly

chris wrote:
That 'splains it. Thx, JB

This is why I like my male friends: So I can tell them what schmucks they are, smack them along side the head, and let them go out and do some more things for women that they will never get a clue on or learn.

My breakfast buddy, Dana. Today, Pour House. Complaining about an old girlfriend who asks him to lunch. The key words are "asks him". She is late. Gets lunch and expects him to pay for a turf and surf that is ... oh ... about $50 because she doesn't have any money. That didn't include drinks. I have only done that one to a guy and it was to teach him a lesson. If you are going to date two women at a time don't tell EITHER one of them. We are VICIOUS. Out they go into the cold cruel world and I'm trying to remember it all because it is living proof that you can be ambushed ... she tells him that he should quit taking care of everyone else so he can take care of her ... goes to the ATM with the intent of withdrawing money and he has to break a big bill ... she exchanges it with "her" bank and proceeds to nag him to "borrow" $10. Finally after a whine from a 46 year old woman he is ready to strangle in the street, they go into the video store where he buys two DVDs and she wants him to buy her a copy of "Fat Albert". He won't do it. She whines some more. Then she wants him to buy her some bagged cotton candy. This is a 46 year old woman remember.

I thought it was funny and even funnier when he said he had to practically lie in the street to flag down a taxi to get the hell away from her. Some men just never learn and it takes us female friends to smack you along side the head just to get your attention and explain why we do that. I have NEVER been able to do that with a man. It just feels ... oh ... I don't know ... sleazy because I never know what the guy will expect in exchange and I don't do that well. Or for that reason.

Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:33 am   
Jilly

One thing I needed to add: He's sworn off women since he broke up with last girlfriend in October. Old girlfriend is grabbing his butt in public. He doesn't do PDAs or butt squeezes. So he's a gentleman. You see he still hasn't learned that some women (less evolved) will use this and it's what you guys need to remember: SEXto get what we want. He is desperately trying to escape this woman, but the gentleman in him goes to kiss her on the forehead. She goes (and remember this is funny) and puts an hydraulic pump lip lock on him and stuns him for a moment. Finally after escaping the jaws of death, he returns to life when the cab comes and he jumps into the cab. Leaving her in the middle of Mass Avenue screaming "We'll get together again soon!!!" . Did I mention that while I had Diet Coke streaming through my nose in a public place from laughing so hard, that she called him on his cell phone? I could tell by the pained and almost numb look he had on his face.

Okay I'm only going on what he told me and maybe I embellished it a little bit for him. But you gentlemen need to know that this is what we do. We do it because we can and it's fun. But don't tell anyone I said this or I will deny it, we REALLY DO LOVE YOU guys. AND WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!!!

Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:47 am   
sgt_steve

Jilly wrote:
We do it because we can and it's fun. But don't tell anyone I said this or I will deny it, we REALLY DO LOVE YOU guys. AND WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!!!
Gads...if that sort of thing happened to me on a regular basis, I'd swear off even thinking about sex. As it is, it makes me very happy to be out of the dating scene since the 70s.

Hmmm...are any of our other female boardello dwellers going to chip in and confirm or deny Jilly's unfortunately believable tale?

Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kidzlibrarian

I use torture sparingly.  Reply with quote  

My boyfriend back east is easily annoyed and I have to admit sometimes I do things on purpose just to set him off. He has all these rules like he can eat outside of his kitchen but no one else can. Once he threw me out because I was sucking on a hard candy after he told me I couldn't eat it in his bedroom. So sometimes I fake him out and pretend to do things he can't stand. I think he needs to be able to laugh at himself so it's for his own good.

Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
palmer

my theory  Reply with quote  

Replying to the original question: How come when you're newly married, women get interested?

I have noticed this also, and not just after I got (common law) married -- it goes all the way back to high school when I would become "attached", and not just from women/girls who knew my status.

My theory for those cases is that the behaviour of a male changes, in a variety of ways, when he becomes attached, that makes him more appealing to the opposite sex: anything from an increase in confidence to a decrease (one would hope) in goofy pick-up lines.

Men improve in ways that women appreciate when they are attached and thus become more desireable.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

Honestly? My theory is this: married men are low-risk flirt targets. And low-risk emotionally too. Meaning, when a woman flirts with a married man, she's not expecting much to come of it, certainly nothing long-term anyway, and that means no emotional damage (for the flirter, of course - the flirtee's mileage may vary), and no relationship problems (because there's not likely to be one).

Married man = safe target. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it. Then again, I'm a lousy flirt, so what do I know.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
y

Why do women flirt with the unattainable attached male? Hmmm…I can’t speak for all womankind, but Jilly, Palmer, and Jenny did make some valid points. An already attached man shows that he is reliable, dependable, and all of those other traits we’re taught to look after in a mate. Also it is somewhat of a power trip when you can get a...err...a rise out of someone who shouldn’t even acknowledge you’re flirtatious ways. Sometimes it’s the whole ‘thrill of the hunt’ type of thing. And who doesn’t get off on any of that?

Personally, I’m an equal opportunity flirter.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Flirt with married men? Hmmmmmmmm....What a category.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
conspiracies unlimited

nobody ever flirts with me... Sad
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
y

conspiracies unlimited wrote:

Hey baby, that's a mighty big gun in your avatar...

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jilly

Awwwww. Poor CU. I'll flirt with you because no one ever flirts with me either. So I'll practice on you. My lip is pouting. I think I scare most men. I don't know why. Is it because I laugh at them?

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:53 pm   
sgt_steve

[quote="Jilly"]
Awwwww. Poor CU. I'll flirt with you because no one ever flirts with me either.
Damn, I wasn't obvious enough.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

Jilly wrote:

Awwwww. Poor CU. I'll flirt with you because no one ever flirts with me either. So I'll practice on you. My lip is pouting. I think I scare most men. I don't know why. Is it because I laugh at them?

Ohh pouty lips, sexy.

Can't fotget CU:

HMMM, You have a lovey gun there big boy.

now don't get too excited CU it is just flirting.

another edit:

Hey There Sarge.

Same goes for you. Arrow it is just flirting

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: