Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

New Questions for the Author Guy Here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chris
Site Admin

New Questions for the Author Guy Here  Reply with quote  

That's all I'm saying.

Post Sun May 01, 2005 1:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

What was the funniest book you ever read?

Post Sun May 01, 2005 1:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jilly

In the question you answered for Lib, the sloth with the biggest unit? Wouldn't that be painfull dragging it in the dirt. Wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose if you wore it down. And what about the female? Hmmmm. Don't blame me: You brought it up!!! I think of these things.

Post Sun May 01, 2005 3:26 pm   
Jilly

Me again Cool My last question? I only asked because I knew a guy once who wore down his hand by not standing upright. Had to wear a prosthetic hand and I think that's why few guys usually don't have big hands. I'm just asking So if you were that sloth on all four legs, Well wouldn't that be kind of illogical to want? I'll bet my last two questions are going to get the minions started. Twisted Evil

Post Sun May 01, 2005 3:33 pm   
chris
Site Admin

Jilly wrote:
In the question you answered for Lib, the sloth with the biggest unit? Wouldn't that be painfull dragging it in the dirt. Wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose if you wore it down. And what about the female? Hmmmm. Don't blame me: You brought it up!!! I think of these things.

She didn't ask me what I wished for, she asked me what animal my friends would describe me as. I didn't say it was an easy burden to bear.Thanks for rubbing it in. <sniff> Crying or Very sad

Post Sun May 01, 2005 4:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JennyO

Will your publisher ever put out audiobook versions of your earlier books? (I already have THE STUPIDEST ANGEL on audio.) If so, do you have anyone in particular that you'd like to read them?

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Sun May 01, 2005 4:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jilly

chris wrote:
Jilly wrote:

She didn't ask me what I wished for, she asked me what animal my friends would describe me as. I didn't say it was an easy burden to bear.Thanks for rubbing it in. <sniff> Crying or Very sad

Ah there there!!! Wait a minute ... rubbing it in? Would that be a double entendre??? If so, then without the risk of well ... I WILL RUB IT IN!!!! GOTCHA. AND JUST REMEMBER ONE THING .... you started it!!! I'm just continuing on with the tradition Razz Couldn't help it. Just couldn't help it. And do you know I waited an hour for your reaction??? I can't believe I did that!!! Embarassed I am so embarassed with myself.

Post Sun May 01, 2005 5:24 pm   
kimcookie

well, sloths never leave trees, if they can avoid it. seems like it would be pretty useful in a tree, anyway. ya know, scaring off other animals, reaching for bananas, swinging *snicker* around, that sort of stuff.
ito ask a question so i'm not cheating (if monopolizing a wee bit...what can i say, it's finals week, gotta procrastinate somewhow): most of the guys in your books seem more or less like breast-obsessed puppies, including Raziel, while the chicks (except Mavis) seem a lot less hormone-driven. so i'm going to assume this is cuz you're an author GUY, after all. if you were an author chick, what would you write?

Post Sun May 01, 2005 6:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Catch42

Hey thre Author Guy,
Two questions really...
1. Hows the new book about Death coming along? I'm sure I speak for us all that we can't wait to read it!
2. You've said before that there have been past attempts to bring some of your novels to the screen, but have all fell through for one reason or another. Is there any chance of a movie or T.V. deal soon? I'd love to see Pine Cove for myself!

Post Mon May 02, 2005 3:16 am   
y

Ohhhh, so this is where we should post new questions...  Reply with quote  

Okay, so not so new, but perhaps lost amongst older threads:

What food catoegory would Jello be classified in? (I have an addiction and I'm concerned I may be causing internal damage...sort of...)

When you researched biology/genomes etc (Fluke?) did you happen to come across anything that would answer what did come first - the chicken or the egg? And wouldn't the question really be 'chickens' or 'eggs' or were the first to come about self reproducing?

That's it from me.
Thanks.

Post Mon May 02, 2005 4:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
gretchenfaith

following up the question about your new book  Reply with quote  

Won't you please tease us with an excerpt? Just a little one...just a tiny little excerpt. Come on...it'd be fun...Please?

Post Mon May 02, 2005 7:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maxwell

Do you use roughly the same writing process for each of your books, or do different things come about differently?

Post Mon May 02, 2005 7:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stazy

Author Guy,
Why do you think that zombies always seem to want to eat brains and/or other living human bits (or breakdance)?

Post Mon May 02, 2005 9:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
bigfreezer

Dear Author Guy,

Your vivid description of the floor buffer in BSF leads me to believe that you have intimate knowledge of the device. Were you a buffer in a previous life or do you simply go to those lengths of research for the reader's sake?

Post Mon May 02, 2005 11:36 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ted J

1) I notice you have a supernatural theme that ties all of your books (ex., Vincent in Love Nun, the demon in Practical Demonkeeping, the whole Jesus thing in Lamb). Is this based on a particular fascination with the supernatural or is it just a lazy plot device - a deus ex machina so to speak?

2) Should I be ashamed that I like the late 70s/early 80s arena/corporate rock bands like Boston, Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon and the like?

Post Mon May 02, 2005 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: