Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Lazy

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ted J

Lazy  Reply with quote  

Quote:

Well, obviously, sometimes its a deus ex machina, as in The Stupidest Angel and I think one of the books has a chapter with the title: Deus Ex Machina, but I admire your courage for asking the question in that way, considering the flaming the last guy got for implying that I lifted ideas from other stories. (I read question as, Are you just being lazy? Yes Ted, I formulate easy paths like setting a book in Gooville, where every fucking element has to be described in detail, instead of say, Santa Barbara, because Im lazy.)

I'm glad you took no offense AG. Frankly, this gives me hope that my own natural laziness isn't necessarily a detriment. One of my favorite quotes is from a German general from WWI, Kurt Hammerstein-Equord:

I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!

I think I fall into the lazy/clever combination.

Post Tue May 03, 2005 8:21 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

Quote:
But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!

Stupid and industrious...who does that remind me of? It's a guy, a guy with a vacuous look and non existent lips...lives in Washington DC a small amount of the time and a ranch in Texas clearing brush most of the time.

His name actually sounds a lot like brush, minus one letter. Hmmmmm.

Post Tue May 03, 2005 9:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: