Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I can't help but notice...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Miss Betty

who I am  Reply with quote  

Well I'm a 32 year old, divorced mother of 1 (Sarra's 5). I work primarilly on web-sites, but I do do graphics & the like.

I have been in EMS & a firefighter for over 15 years. Doing something or another on computers since 1982.

I'm currently studing NET (New Engineering & Technology) - basically cybercrime. I get to have a gun, handcuffs & a badge just like the other cops, but mine are printed & taped to the side of my computer. I specialize in stopping those freaks that like kids too much;; but I also fuddle with cyberstalkers & the like.

I was introduced to Chris Moore as a lark...2 of my brothers' wives are "born again" Christian....so I got "Lamb" and a couple of other books like that & stratecically placed them around my house where they would notice...which let to my reading them....in an e-mail to CM - he directed me to you all. The rest, shall we say, is history.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Miss Betty

who I am  Reply with quote  

Well I'm a 32 year old, divorced mother of 1 (Sarra's 5). I work primarilly on web-sites, but I do do graphics & the like.

I have been in EMS & a firefighter for over 15 years. Doing something or another on computers since 1982.

I'm currently studing NET (New Engineering & Technology) - basically cybercrime. I get to have a gun, handcuffs & a badge just like the other cops, but mine are printed & taped to the side of my computer. I specialize in stopping those freaks that like kids too much;; but I also fuddle with cyberstalkers & the like.

I was introduced to Chris Moore as a lark...2 of my brothers' wives are "born again" Christian....so I got "Lamb" and a couple of other books like that & stratecically placed them around my house where they would notice...which let to my reading them....in an e-mail to CM - he directed me to you all. The rest, shall we say, is history.

Last edited by Miss Betty on Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John

My turn I guess  Reply with quote  

I am a 34 year old married father of 2 (girl 4 & boy 1.75) or 3 if you count our 8 year old black lab. I live in Massachusetts and work in Boston for one of the big hospitals here. I work in radiology doing IT, mostly database stuff and imaging. I have been an AG fan for a while now and have helped to convert at least 3 other people into becoming fans. Recently for fun I have been learning Linux and have just set up my own linux web server in my basement. I am in the process of building the website now and will post it when it isn't quite so pitiful.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lauren

Ok, here goes  Reply with quote  

I'm 26, married, no kids, three cats. According to a friend, if I get another cat and don't balance it with a dog, I become "Creepy Cat Lady". We live in Massachusetts, way down on the south shore.

I'm a telephone sales rep for a publisher, which basically means I do the same things a field rep does, except my accounts are either really small, really out of the way, or just plain don't want someone coming in to visit but still want a rep of some form to place orders with and keep them in the loop. That was a very long sentence. (In other words, I'm not a telemarketer - no cold calls - but sadly some people treat me like one. Thankfully, they're in the minority. Most of my booksellers ROCK.)

My dream job is to open my own indie bookstore (because I used to work in one and really miss it), tentatively called "Books That Don't Suck". I have a novel in the works, but it's far from done.

Oh, and I'm addicted to caffeine and dark chocolate.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Elliot

about myself  Reply with quote  

22 single no kids in the military hate it dont like puncuation or speeling cant stand grammar in baghdad right now anything else Razz Razz Razz

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
new is good  Reply with quote  

but I have been here before...just not on this bbs (heck it's only a month old). I usually read the posts not add to them but will try to be a joiner rather than a watcher from now on...I'm 44, I like Chris' books and I work with 3D animators and designers...crazy enough to fit in here? I think so

Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Lib

Just found this, thought I'd share also. Rolling Eyes I'm 48 (does this make me the elder here?), divorced mother of one 19 year old son. I live in the midwest and I work in an office but imagine I'm hiking in the Smokies. O.K. maybe not hiking but laying in a hammock by a rushing stream with the sun sparkling through the trees, dragonflies hovering on the surface, reading a Chris Moore book and sipping (it's more lady like than gulping) a glass of merlot. I guess you could throw a man in the picture as long as he's willing to rub my feet.
I enjoy reading, gardening, Broadway musicals, all types of music. Well, maybe I'll have to leave Rap off that list.
I think I've survived the son's teenage years (God was with me) and seems he's beginning to at least think I'm subhuman. Lamb was the first Chris Moore book for me. I just finished Fluke and will be getting the others (have to have my fix).
This is the first board I've taken part in and enjoy reading and pondering deep thoughts that it stimulates! Laughing

Last edited by Lib on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
ken
Site Admin

I'm a web geek... but you knew that  Reply with quote  

I'm 42, I've been a cook, rock n roll roadie, DJ, programmer, web guy, entrepreneur, and now web/programmer again. I teach programming as a side line, and speak at a lot of web-related conferences.

I come from a highly successful family... my dad started a school, my mom directed non-profits until she retired for medical reasons (lupus), my sister is a school principal and my brother is the General Councel and Secretary of the Board of one of the largest companies in the world. I'm the black sheep so to speak.

My own family consists of a 15-year old boy who is totally into Shao-lin Kung Fu, my lovely wife recently became a nurse after many years in high-tech as a writer, two cats and a turtle named Kevin.

My hobbies are improvisation and standup comedy, reading, running web sites for friends who are more creative than I am and I play more video games than I really have time for.

I'm about 6 foot, bearded, green eyes, glasses, and that's really me on the beach.

Cheers,
Ken

PS Susan, red/green eyes--- you need to get more sleep.

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Hillary

How did I miss this thread?  Reply with quote  

Quote:
According to a friend, if I get another cat and don't balance it with a dog, I become "Creepy Cat Lady".

That's from Lauren's profile. I'm that friend.

Outside of torturing HER on a regular basis, I'm 25, soon to be 26. I was supposed to get married in October 2003, but then I ran away, screaming. I still live with the former fiancé in a completely dysfunctional situation that would make daytime television pale. Amazingly, we still smile and laugh a lot. I'm a New Englander born and bred, currently living in a little Massachusetts town called Abington. I am an only child, as my mother said her uterus fell out from sheer horror after I was born.

I have two black and white cats, a really nice apartment in an old Victorian, and my computer. I am currently unemployed and spend most of my time tooting around the web and writing. I like to pretend I have talent. I probably don't, but that's okay . . . we all have our issues. (Could be whale penis issues, which would be infinitely worse, I would think).

I think that pretty much covers it.

Last edited by Hillary on Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Boota

My name is Scott, I'm 34, single, and I live in the entertainment capitol of the world- Kokomo, Indiana. I'm a writer and a musician, and an occasional wage slave. Whatever it takes. I just published my first novel, Mr. Undesirable, this year and I'm busy working on the follow up. My band, Fetish, is on a brief hiatus due to some personal reasons of one of our members, but we're making plans for a new album and some live dates. Fingers crossed.

I'm 6' 2", about 265 pounds. My hobbies are reading, weight training, roleplaying games (Yes, I'm a huge nerd!), and watching movies.

I've been a Chris Moore fan since Lust Lizard. (I bought it for the title, too.) Plus, I was starting to write a comic novel and I had never even read one. I've always been a kind of "charge-in-blindly" type of guy. After finishing Lust Lizard I immediately bought the rest of his books. I was hooked.

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Re: Transplanted Kentuckian  Reply with quote  

Lib wrote:
I'm 48 (does this make me the elder here?)

No, that would be me until someone older fesses up. I'm 52 (see very brief post on the previous page).

Like Suetu, I've been a presence on all of the various boards. When the first board was about to fold and CM didn't know where we were moving, someone suggested we all try to describe the other people posting. The most memorable was Rob's impression that Suetu might be an Eskimo. Shocked Is that right? Does anyone else remember this?

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
suetu

Eskimo! Eskimo!  Reply with quote  

Eskimo! Eskimo! I believe that was my response to Rob's suggestion of what I must look like in real life. God, that was funny.

Now, of course, everyone knows I'm a blonde-haired, blue-eyed goddess. The photos are fab, but they do take a little of the mystery out of things. Laughing

Susan

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lunkwill

My real name is Bill; I am 37-divorced father of an incredible 8-year-old girl named Jessie here in Savannah, Georgia. I am a Political Christian Conservative News Junkie and love a good debate. I am also a musician / songwriter and am currently working on a CD of original music as a songwriter. If anyone is interested I can email you some of the songs. However I will warn you while I can play almost any instrument you can put in front of me I am not that great of a singer. But I am better then Dylan so maybe I stand a chance. I currently work in advertising sales for tow different companies, which takes little of my time leaving plenty of time to work on music and be a dad. I currently attend two different churches one as a musician and the other helping out with the youth. I also love to cook, read and ride my motorcycle.

I have been a fan of Chris’s books since the beginning when my 6-year-old nephew bought me Practical Demon Keeping as a Christmas present because he liked the cover. I did get to meet Chris once at a book signing for Lust Lizard in Charleston, SC with about 8 other people. Chris being the great guy he is took us all out for sodas after the talk.

Rick Warren - The Purpose Driven Life

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
venusdiscordia

introductions  Reply with quote  

Jen: 35, married work from home jewelry designer, pet caretaker.

We live in a purple victorian that is the bane of our neighbors' existence in a small suburb of Boston. Residing with five assorted cats and one mutt dog with an ear recently made 1/3 smaller by an angry bull terrier.

I was introduced to CM books by my husband, who had picked up Lust Lizard and told me that I just had to read it next. Have been a fan since, and loving every story. (Just getting a lot less sleep when I have a new one to read.)

Favorite talking fruit bat: Roberto.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Miss Betty

lunkwill wrote:
I am also a musician / songwriter and am currently working on a CD of original music as a songwriter.

Bill -- several of the people I do web-sites for are Christian music ministers -- they do various concerts, includung Jams4Jesus over the Summer. They are always looking for new talent.... want some web-sites for contacts???

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: