Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I can't help but notice...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lauren

purple victorians  Reply with quote  

Jen, I flashed onto an image of this purple house somewhere in Hingham, on route 228 that I've loved for years. Basically, if you live on this street, the town won't let you paint your house any color that didn't exist during the Revolutionary War. Apparently a few years back, the owners found this great deep purple that really was around back then (I think it was cream-colored before that).

(Love your avatar, by the way.)

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
venusdiscordia

Yes, some people don't realize that it wasn't all conservative beige and browns back then for house paint. The only drawback was looking out my window one morning and seeing a Salem Tourist Bus full of people parked outside, all staring.(looking for witches?) And I live about 20-30 minutes away from Salem! Very odd moment.

glad you like my avatar, thanks!

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lunkwill

That would be great, thank you very much.

I have been contacted by Incubator records www.incubatoronline.com about signing up as an artist. However I have never heard of them or any artist that they have signed. So I have been taking it slow with them.

Plus most of the music I do is not what your would normaly hear in Church. Many of my songs are about the struggles I went through during my divorce.

Again thank you for any help you can provide.

Rick Warren - The Purpose Driven Life

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:33 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Think insane.

Hi. My name is Think insane. and I'm an addict... Whoops, wrong BBS!

On the serious side, my name is Shayne and I live in upstate NY (it seems that Night's Plutonian shore is actually the southeast corner of Lake Ontario). I'm a 32 year old guy with no wife or kids. I work as a guard in a psychiatric facility, which as you may well imagine, is pretty interesting.

And of course, it's nice to meet some fellow Chris fans.

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JennyO

I'm usually a lurker.  Reply with quote  

But I can't help myself when it comes to the suggested reading threads. I read about 150 - 200 books a year, and I like to talk about them.

Other than that, I'm a 36 year old married mother of two young children (5 and 3). I still have my sanity, but my memory is going fast.

I live in Central Texas and occasionally write training materials for a software company, but mostly just volunteer at the kids' schools.

I discovered AG's books through BookCrossing, and I've been sharing them that way too. I'm going to buy my own set to keep (and probably a couple more to release) when the new trade PBs come out in May.

Nice to meet you all.

Jen

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katie

So here's me. My name is...wait for it...Katie. I'm a soon to be 25 year old grad student in Bowling Green Ohio. I grew up north of NYC, got my undergrad at SUNY Fredonia, spent a year teaching on the NY/NJ border and decided I didn't like it, moved to Cleveland for a very random year, and now I'm here.
I'm a musician and sometimes character actor. I'm getting my degree in musicology/music history. I'll probably go on to get my doctorate and work the rest of my life in a small state school somewhere, but my dream is to sell all my furniture, buy an RV and become a travelling musician at Ren Faires. I play some interesting early instruments that no one's ever heard of, but I can also play the recorder and am going to learn mandolin this summer.
My hobbies, aside from music are reading, writing, composing morbidly funny folk songs, and environmental theater.
I became a CM fan after picking up LAMB at Barnes and Noble. It looked interesting. Now I'm hooked.

Post Mon May 24, 2004 12:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Think insane.

WEe have an excellent Ren Faire here. If you ever go back home to NYC in the summer, you should swing upstate and check it out.

Very Happy

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Mon May 24, 2004 2:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kjs237

Average Everyday Sane Psycho  Reply with quote  

I really can't come up with a better way to describe myself. That pretty much covers it.

I'm a middle aged woman, divorced, with two grown up sons who continue to make me crazy even though they are doing okay on their own. I discovered Blood Sucking Fiends about a year ago and loved it. Since then I've read everything else by CM I can find except Fluke. I really enjoyed Lamb. It's my favorite so far.

I read a lot in the summer and so the suggested reading list will keep my busy and happy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better. I've been told that I have a completely twisted sense of humor, so I feel like I'll fit right in.

Post Mon May 24, 2004 4:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

Okay, here goes....My name's David. I live in a small apartment with a roommate and his two cats. God that's weird. I'm not a fan of cats. I'm a 25 year old under-achiever doing security for a hospital and trying to finally get into college. I collect tarantulas and just started home-brewing beer.

I started reading CMs books after a friend told me about Lamb about a year ago and haven't been able to stop reading them since. Lamb will always be a favorite of mine but Love Nun is a close second. Fluke makes me want to rethink my career goals (field researcher) though. I don't know how I'd feel about a giant tarantula carrying me off to it's burrow and telling me I can never leave again.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 1:36 am   
Blinker

Anyway, the post from Guest was me. Did I mention I'm computer illiterate? Sorry about that. Next time I'll be sure to log in.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 1:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
Meggie

I'm a lurker too...  Reply with quote  

Hi. My name is Meggie. I'm 25. I'm a library assistant on the bookmobile in Reno, Nevada and I push Chris' books onto anyone I think can handle them (You might not believe this, but there are a lot of rednecks here -- the average sense of humor stops at those plastic testicles people attach to the backs of their trucks. It's tragic.). I have a telepathic dalmatian, a schizophrenic labrador, and a fiance who loves Fluke almost as much as I do. That's pretty much it.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 1:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Robb

Who the hell I think I am...  Reply with quote  

Here's the basics, I'm 34, married, 3 kids one promiscuous dog, have brown hair blue eyes, 5'8" with a scar over my right eye (which happens to be the only functioning one I have. I'm an MP which is not saying much at the moment. I specialize in dog handling. I've been at it for 12 years. I have very strange ideas about religion, realtionships, and the why and wherefore of the universe. I'm also a musician. I write music and play guitar and I have been lead singer in a band called Merge. My musical influences are Kansas, Spock's Beard, and Willie Nelson. I have recorded one CD so far and am working on coming up with new songs for a new one when I get home from Afghanistan. I am pretty old fashioned. I try to live life like a samurai. Seriously. my hobbies outside music include reading, drawing and painting, writing poetry, acting, and training dogs. I teach martial arts though I don't belong to a school or hold a belt anymore. It would be the one area I'm not traditional. I have loved many, hated few, and I try to stay positive about life in general. I read voraciously. I have been a fan of Chris since I found BS Fiends in a used book store. I have worked as a photographer, salesman (books, used cars, pets), a bartender, bouncer, DJ, Stage manager, Dishwasher in a Chinese resterant, Flower arranger, and with dogs as a trainer, kennel care, and handler at a race track. And of course the military. Someday I would like to retire from service and own my own kennel. My favorite foods are Mexican, Korean, and Italian. Particularly DeCarlos Pizza which I can only get back in West Virginia. I come from a small Italian town in WV called Follansbee. It's a mafia retirement village I think. Lots of old guys with the middle name The (ie Beeny the squirrel, Jimmy the fish etc...) I am A mutt myself Polish and Finnish on my Ma's side and Dane and Duetch on Pop's side. Not much else to say really. I post here simply because I enjoy everyones company.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chelle

Hey,

I am in WV you tell me how to get that pizza to you and I will! I swear it! In exchange you can tell me how to get my bird dog Sammy to stop counter surfing.

Post Sun May 30, 2004 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Spike

Hi I'm Spike, I joined today.

I am Single, just finished a degree and am waiting for graduation, a friend from another board introduced me to CM, I have only read practical demonkeeping but will read more once I start my full time job and can afford to buy books. I love sci fi and horror genre in Films, TV shows and books. I have a great love of music. I also love to write

To know more about my there are links to my websites below!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Katie

Think insane. wrote:
WEe have an excellent Ren Faire here. If you ever go back home to NYC in the summer, you should swing upstate and check it out.

Very Happy

Talking about the Sterling Faire? I've been and I'm going. I have family ad friends in the Buffalo area. We have ourselves a little pirate crew. We have an invasion already planned. I like the Stering faire because they have Cantiga...a great early music group who kinda need to work on their stage presence a bit. They also have a pretty good pub sing and Empty Hats (good group and good stage presence).
*^_^*
Katie

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: