Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

WAHOO!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Elliot

WAHOO!  Reply with quote  

Blog Thread! Yippee for Blog threads! You still gonna do Pics?

L

My Twitter is twittering!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 3:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

I'd love to. I have to figure out how. I hate having to post to a different site and link, post and link. I mean, I'll still do the tour photos, but I'd like to put some in the blog as well. I haven't figured out how to link a photo from the tour pics page to here yet.

KEN!!!! HELP!!!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 4:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ken
Site Admin

So...  Reply with quote  

Upload the tour pic... right click on it, choose properties, and copy the URL.... paste it here in a [ img ] tag.

thats it...

Post Wed May 19, 2004 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
chris
Site Admin

Re: So...  Reply with quote  

ken wrote:
Upload the tour pic... right click on it, choose properties, and copy the URL.... paste it here in a [ img ] tag.

thats it...

Sure, easy if you know math and stuff, but I am an artist and should be exempt from shit. Wait....

Okay, that looks pretty easy.

Nevermind.

Post Wed May 19, 2004 7:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Think insane.

It ain't rocket surgery Chief.

Very Happy

And would it kill any author to come within reasonable driving distance of my house? The only one I have been able to go to was when Bruce Campbell did a signing for his book at the Borders in Syracuse. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, but that just isn't gonna cut it...

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Thu May 20, 2004 6:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elliot

How do you think I feel? Everytime there's been a tour I've been off in a far away land. I ended up sending my mom to the Lamb tour and a couple board members recorded the Fluke tour for me. I'm hoping I'll be back in time for the Stupidest Angel tour.

L

My Twitter is twittering!

Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Think insane.

Alright L, I'll concede the point, you've got me beat.

Very Happy

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean

Think  Reply with quote  

Hey Think, what would you consider "reasonable driving distance"? For the Fluke tour I drove 500+ miles to Denver and had to stay with my in-laws for a week. And then after all that, the only thing I could think of to say to Chris was "Thanks" when he signed my books. But it was worth it just to hear him say, "Jesus doesn't care if you say Motherf*****". (That's the closest I can come, we don't use that kind of language here in Utah.)

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:30 am   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

Damn Sean, that's love. I'm impressed.

Chris, I think Sean deserves a cookie for that one.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kurt

Mileage?  Reply with quote  

Lamb (hardcover) ... Tulsa to Austin ... 457 Rand-McNally miles
Fluke (hardcover) ... Tulsa to Houston in JUNE (to quote CM, "Thank you for your humidity") ... 424 R-M miles
and
Lamb (softcover) ... Tulsa to Madison ... in February, during Orange Alert
not one terrorist and not one snowflake, and I rescued a ladybug from the motel room ... 731 miles.

Now I did need some publications from the Bureau of Economic Geology in Austin, and made a find that helped raise over 500 for charity at a sci-fi convention.

And I did go to see a friend outside of Houston that needed some moral and logistical support.

Though if Susan (Suetu) were still around, she put on more than a few miles ... enough to embarass us all.

_____
"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, in the opposite direction." -Caddyshack

"Thank you very little." -Caddyshack

Post Thu May 20, 2004 1:18 pm   
Hillary

All right, Kurt. Here's a cookie for you, too.

*Hillary gives a cookie to Kurt*

I'll admit, Chris's next tour will be my first time seeing him. It should be fun. I'm sure Lauren will pretend she doesn't know me.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

Eh?  Reply with quote  

From Hillary:
Quote:
I'm sure Lauren will pretend she doesn't know me.

Who are you again? Twisted Evil

Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Hillary

Quote:
Who are you again?

Look under your bed. I'll wave to remind you.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 6:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

You're right, Kurt. I think Suetu wins on this one. San Francisco to Bailey's Crossroads, VA.

Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Klari

Re: So...  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
ken wrote:

thats it...

Sure, easy if you know math and stuff, but I am an artist and should be exempt from shit. Wait....

Okay, that looks pretty easy.

Nevermind.

In school didn't you have to print your photos back in the dinosaur days before multi-graded paper? And use the Zone method or whatever that damned thing is called (and I don't know it just sort of about it because in community college they don't teach technique they just give you bogus assignments and then you sit around arguing with a bunch of so open-minded-their-brains-fell-out-bimbos why a close up tight framed picture of some leaves on the ground does not a landscape make)? Jeez, I think you can do THIS. I can do this, just barely, and I can't do that crap.

Post Wed May 26, 2004 11:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: