Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

How to Write about Arguing with Your Girlfriend and so on...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chris
Site Admin

How to Write about Arguing with Your Girlfriend and so on...  Reply with quote  

I agree with nearly everything this guy says about writing, so why not just let you read what he has to say? Because I am tired and he obviously was avoiding writing to write this little primer, while I was avoiding writing by reading his site.

Here's the very funny Mil Millington's page on writing:

http://www.mil-millington.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/writing.htm

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Boota

Sounds like good advice. I could add one more.

Play in a band. It helps.

When my book came out, it got more attention because I was a musician who wrote a book. That gave me more press for my band. Then I would use the press the band was receiving to plug the book every chance I got. Now I sell as many books at our gigs as we do CD's. And I don't have to split the book money.

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: