Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

The Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Miss Betty

Rob 1 wrote:
Read the rules and the dude abides! If I get naked will I get a date easier? Or just an easy date. Like it really matters at that point. Thanks for the rules.

Let me know how this works with the "get a date easier" thing!!! If it works -- maybe I'll go back to posting neeked myself. Shocked

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JunglePunk215

Hey forget the "I'm Canadian" wifebeaters...Where can I get one that says, "I BEAT Canadians"?

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

Your Rules Suck  Reply with quote  

First off, I'm no longer allowed to sit at my desk naked, and to make sure I comply with that rule, they make me keep my office door open ,a dn the curtains drawn.

Secondly, I will not sit naked on the Author Guy's books as that would constitute the Desecration of Sacred Texts

Third, Canadians are the Americans we long to be... well, maybe not, eh
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Re: Your Rules Suck  Reply with quote  

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
First off, I'm no longer allowed to sit at my desk naked, and to make sure I comply with that rule, they make me keep my office door open ,a dn the curtains drawn.

Secondly, I will not sit naked on the Author Guy's books as that would constitute the Desecration of Sacred Texts

Third, Canadians are the Americans we long to be... well, maybe not, eh

Heathen. Wink

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mschulze

New to forum...  Reply with quote  

JunglePunk215 wrote:
Hey forget the "I'm Canadian" wifebeaters...Where can I get one that says, "I BEAT Canadians"?

This is the first thing I read on this Forum...wow... s'all I've got to say.

You know, it would be so reaffirming to all Canadians if I could only show them these unimaginative slags. Up until now it was only a myth here in the 'great white north' that Americans were really arrogant and egocentric. Thanks for disproving that folks. We just assumed Americans were too self absorbed to even notice us towering over their narcisistic heads. It's that blatent disregard for others that makes Canadians and much of the rest of the world dislike the USA.

And now for a little Robin Williams quoting the French: "FFFfuck you Americaaaannns!"

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hillary

Re: New to forum...  Reply with quote  

mschulze wrote:
JunglePunk215 wrote:

You know, it would be so reaffirming to all Canadians if I could only show them these unimaginative slags. Up until now it was only a myth here in the 'great white north' that Americans were really arrogant and egocentric. Thanks for disproving that folks. We just assumed Americans were too self absorbed to even notice us towering over their narcisistic heads. It's that blatent disregard for others that makes Canadians and much of the rest of the world dislike the USA.

And now for a little Robin Williams quoting the French: "FFFfuck you Americaaaannns!"

It's fabulous when the first thing you read is the first thing you choose to believe. This is an old joke on these boards - one that you obviously weren't privy to. It involves a *gasp* Canadian whose been posting here since the beginning of time.

If you want to accuse first and ask questions later? Yeah. Have a nice life. Up north.

Last edited by Hillary on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dave

Let the construction of the International Pudding Cannon begin!!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Think insane.

Seriously dude, look around a little bit more. Nobody here is tougher on the Canadians than me (and I get accused of being one constantly by someone who shall remain nameless (Hillary)) and it's all tongue in cheek. I live on the border, albeit a wide wet border, but the border none-the-less, and it's good natured, neighborly teasing, nothing more. I used to work for Alcan. We took a lot of shit from our Canadian coworkers, and gave just as much back. It was taken in the spirit it was intended by both sides. Everybody got a laugh.

We've got a bunch of happy-go-lucky smart-asses on this board, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone narcissistic around these parts. If you stuck around instead of being easily offended and jumpiong to conclusions, and got to know us a little, I think you would enjoy the company.

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Last edited by Think insane. on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hillary

A good point was made . . .

If you can't take a joke, what the hell are you doing reading Chris Moore's books?

My gawd.

*polishes pudding cannon*

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tal

Re: New to forum...  Reply with quote  

mschulze wrote:
JunglePunk215 wrote:

No worries mschulze - we're equal opportunity here and will eventually make fun of every nationality. Including our own. Wink But just think - we're only up to the "C's" so you get to see the rest! Whats up next? Think's neighbors in Delaware? Wink

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mschulze

Good Point...  Reply with quote  

Yeah, ok, you're right. I'll have a look around and see what's cooking. Sorry to jump folks. Unfortunately, given the recent history with Iraq and that totally bullshit re-elect, a lot of Canadians have lost faith and are feeling pretty edgy about our neighbours to the south... me included.

My apologies, with a toast to friendly fire.

-Mike

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sara Leigh

Check out Chris's blog to see how this board feels about Iraq and the fiasco some refer to as the election.

Btw, welcome to the Boardello. There are a few spaces left in the compound, but they're going fast. I went to Spain and might have lost out on some primo real estate if it weren't that I'm a charter member of this bbs, thus entitled to a first-class quonset hut.

Oh yeah. You read the rules. Are you nekkid? Twisted Evil

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ted J

Looks like we've narrowly averted a dogpile on the newb. Who's in charge of putting the pudding cannon back in storage? I'd do it, but I'm stuck in freakin' South Dakota (nice people, but I'm freezing my nuts off).

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Ted J wrote:
Looks like we've narrowly averted a dogpile on the newb. Who's in charge of putting the pudding cannon back in storage? I'd do it, but I'm stuck in freakin' South Dakota (nice people, but I'm freezing my nuts off).

Dave can. He pulled it out he can frelling well put it away! Wink

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mschulze

Pudding Canon...  Reply with quote  

Ok, had a look around, found there were some pretty cool people.

But wait, hold on, I somehow like the idea of the pudding canon. Canada's late Prime Minister, Jean Cretien, could have used one since he was predisposed to being a pie magnet. No, Canadians don't fight with bullets, we don't try to assasinate our leaders, we throw pies at them. In return we get pepper sprayed by guys on horseback, wearing flashy black & red suits.

As an aside, I relish the idea of Chris writing a Mountie into one of his upcoming books Wink

Now, if you don't mind, I vote to keep the pudding canon out. Perhaps if you let me own that little corner of land, over yonder, in the 'east-wing' of the forum I could keep the canon there. I'll take good care of it...honest.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: