Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

The Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Think insane.

I finally saw a real live mounty

I was kind of disappointed that he wasn't wearing the red jacket and smokey bear hat. I thought they always dressed like that. Sad

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mschulze

The rights...  Reply with quote  

I have a feeling they aren't allowed, by law, to wear the uniform anymore. It might have something to do with it being a copyright violation after Canada sold the rights to the mountie image to Walt Disney. Confused

Seriously, you can still see them, but usually in parades, in parks or when the Prime Minister is doing some big to-do somewhere.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dave

Tal wrote:
Ted J wrote:
Who's in charge of putting the pudding cannon back in storage?

Dave can. He pulled it out he can frelling well put it away! Wink

Right. I'm going to pry Hills new toy away from her then get fingerprints all over it?? I don't think so. Make the new guy do it. Initiation ritual and all that..

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
Hillary

Dave wrote:
Tal wrote:
Ted J wrote:
Who's in charge of putting the pudding cannon back in storage?

Dave can. He pulled it out he can frelling well put it away! Wink

Right. I'm going to pry Hills new toy away from her then get fingerprints all over it?? I don't think so. Make the new guy do it. Initiation ritual and all that..

It's my pudding, thus, it's my cannon.

And NOBODY - ain't NOBODY - taking my pudding cannon away. You gave me the toy, now I get to play with it.

*sucks thumb, pouts, kicks rock, generally acts petulant*

I do not, as a rule, get pissy with newbies, mrschulze, so if I came across as a big nasty meanie, it's because Lauren made me do it. I'm not sure exactly how it's Lauren's fault, but it is.

So yes. Blame Lauren.

Carry on.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Q

Damn.

What the hell have I done?
and the second has all of the fun.

--Analytics of Five

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

Q wrote:
Damn.

What the hell have I done?

Heeeeeeeeeey!

*light dawns*

It's not LAUREN'S fault. It's Q's. He is the one, after all, who penned these rules. I think I like this idea: Blame Q.

Q DID IT!

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mschulze

Q penned the rules?  Reply with quote  

Q, penned the rules, I thought that it was Ken... or are there rules regarding the canon? Perhaps the pudding? Hmmmm, there is definitely a sordid web of slippery cheeks and tongues around here. I should have know C.Moore fans would have been wacky, not mean Smile

And here I was thinking all Q did was plagiarize E.L.Masters

Wink

-Mike

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Hillary: I do not, as a rule, get pissy with newbies, mrschulze, so if I came across as a big nasty meanie, it's because Lauren made me do it. I'm not sure exactly how it's Lauren's fault, but it is.

I'm not saying a word, but.... Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

That's right, Q wrote the rules (though the posting naked bit evidently came from our original Canadian, Paul R). He wrote them 2 or 3 boards back. Ken posted them for all newbies after they were retrieved from the archives.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tal

Lib wrote:
Quote:
Posted by Hillary: I do not, as a rule, get pissy with newbies, mrschulze, so if I came across as a big nasty meanie, it's because Lauren made me do it. I'm not sure exactly how it's Lauren's fault, but it is.

*snickers and runs from Hillary*

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

Quote:
From Hill:I do not, as a rule, get pissy with newbies, mrschulze, so if I came across as a big nasty meanie, it's because Lauren made me do it. I'm not sure exactly how it's Lauren's fault, but it is.

Yeah, instead of singing "Blame Canada" when she sees the South Park movie, Hill sings "Blame Lauren". Doesn't sound quite the same, but y'know. But I think it should be obvious by now where the Powers of Good really reside between Hill and myself. Razz

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
conspiracies unlimited

Tal wrote:
Lib wrote:
Quote:

*snickers and runs from Hillary*

Funny... I do recall our first encounter involving you threating to beat me with a large stick, Hillary...

*CU runs and hides behind Tal*

And what's this I hear about our anti-canadian comments being in jest???

Does this mean we have to start accepting them as our breathren???

Just the PC using Canadians, not the MAC users right???
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

At no point should any disparaging remarks ever be made about "Buffy,
The Vampire Slayer". That suck-ass piece of crap show is worshipped
around here.

Now I know I've read a Buffy reference or two in Moore's books! So I'm not sure about this rule. You can't deny it Moore.

thanks for the rules.

I'm glad I found you.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
Paul R

Yes, I did indeed pen the rule about posting naked. However I also penned a lot of other rules too. Rules that were ignored when Ken posted the official CM board rules. There is obviously an anti-Canadian bias here, I have felt it for years (It tickles the back of my throat). That is why Q's rules, as wonderful as they are, are the official ones, because he is a full-bloodied American chappie and not some pale, winter stunned Canuck. Whereas my rules are now on a placard outside a seedy Toronto strip joint ( and let me tell you folks, until you have been to a seedy Toronto strip club, you have not seen how low some people will sink for $40CDN.)

And for the record, the red Mounties uniform that Dudly Do-Right made famous is a dress uniform. Kinda like the Marine uniform in all those commercials featuring those chisel-jawed young men.

Paul R

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
conspiracies unlimited

Paul R wrote:
..and let me tell you folks, until you have been to a seedy Toronto strip club, you have not seen how low some people will sink for $40CDN...
Paul R

*With a pervy gleam in his eye, CU innocently asks* Just how low will they sink?

*Kitty chimes in* They're Canadians, how much lower can they sink?

*CU* Now, now, be nice to our friends to the north.

*Kitty* Shut up, you perv.

*CU, indignantly, with nose in the air* I am not a perv. Now if you will excuse me, I need to run down to the exchange bank and get some Canadian money.
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: