Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hey there
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Angelique

Hey there  Reply with quote  

Hi, my name as you have probably guessed is Angelique. The best way to describe how it sounds is, An-ja-leak. But anyhow, that's not important.

I started reading Moore in the 10th grade. A friend of mine told about this smart-ass book about Jesus and his man-slut friend Biff. Being Catholic I was at first angry, then remembered she too was religious. I picked it up from our library and read it in two days. My face hurt when I was done and I'm sure my parents thought I had lost my mind.
Shortly after our library started stocking Fluke, so naturally I read it. When it turned out to be just as funny I knew I had read more! I researched the author and got the names of his other books. For last Christmas I recieved every book he's released minus Lamb and Fluke.

Moore reminds me not to take anything so seriously...if you do you might wake up one day and be old! EEK wouldn't want that to happen.
These days my Dad is reading through all my copies of Moore's books and loving them the same way I do...it's the only thing we have common.
Thanks My. Moore for giving me a reason to talk to my old Dad.

On a less sappy note, I live in a small town and am an aspiring song-writer/singer. I'm hoping to get a band together eventually and try to make it in the music biz......

Well, yeah I have nothing else to say so uh...yeah comment away!

Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jaandlu

Welcome Angelique! Pull up your stack and start a posting.

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
y

yes, yes, welcome and all that jazz. Hillary will be along shortly for your strip search. Enjoy and don't be afraid of the rubber glove.

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

I - I'm verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. The Crimean War, significant for non-Crimeans? Discuss.

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lisa M

The Crimean War: does anyone know why?

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:42 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Oh...it's WAR...I always thought it was Crimean Whore...man, I was confused. Shit.

Welcome, Angelique. Welcome. Don't let these people scare you, that's my job. Muhahahahaha. Only joking. We're all great...except Think Insane...he's exceptional.

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Lisa M wrote:
Sure, the whole country is full of crimeinals.

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Welcome to another CM convert. And kudos for turning your dad on to the fun! You've read the rules by now, so please follow them to the letter. Otherwise, well, you don't really want to find out what happens if I have to get my pica stick out, now do you?

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
conspiracies unlimited

Lisa M wrote:

I would say, "ask the resident Brit... but as you can see...

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Oh...it's WAR...I always thought it was Crimean Whore...man, I was confused. Shit.

It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

Sara Leigh wrote:
Welcome to another CM convert. And kudos for turning your dad on to the fun! You've read the rules by now, so please follow them to the letter. Otherwise, well, you don't really want to find out what happens if I have to get my pica stick out, now do you?
I don't mean to thread jack, but what the hell is a pica stick?

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Angelique

HE WAS IN THE FAIR!  Reply with quote  

When the fair was in Casper I was dragged there several times. If he was there and I didn't get the chance to meet him.......

Sorry for not communicating in my own thread my creepy ex-boyfriend is stalking me and I have to avoid rooms with windows at all costs now.....

Anyhow someone asked if I skied(i wonder is that how you spell it?), no I don't but I do love to shop and Jackson Hole has some of the neatest stores!

Anyhow back to avoidance....

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DanSRose

Everyone has an awesome "How you were introduced to AG"
Mine is:
Summer '02 I was doing an archaeological in Annapolis, MD (& the Eastern Shore) and was renting a room at a woman's home. She rented out to boarders regularly and was the coolest, nicest woman ever; she was a park ranger and camped everywhere, her favorite being the Judean desert. She also didn't have an Interweb connection and poor TV reception (gasp). Instead, I spent my weekends/evenings in the awesome stateparks around Annapolis, spending loads of money at one of the best cafes/bookshops I've ever been to, and going on the Interweb at the local public library. One day, I saw a book on their new releases shelf (I don't know if it was new then or not) with huge Gothic writing, titling the book "Lamb". A random flip through the book landed me in a palace in Afghanistan with our 'paralyzed 'hero' being taunted by concubines and being painted blue. Librarians don't like it when you laugh really loud next to the kid's section. Next day, I rode my bike to the nearest B&N (about 1 mile away) and finished the book within 3 days. Coyote Blue took me five.

Adventures!

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sara Leigh

y wrote:
Sara Leigh wrote:
I don't mean to thread jack, but what the hell is a pica stick?

My bad, for not checking in recently.

A pica stick is a ruler marked in picas, which is what typesetters and printers used to use instead of inches. Far more precise. My own personal favorite pica stick is an 18-inch long spring-tempered stainless one. Twisted Evil

I think I have a picture of it around here someplace. Let me check. I'll be back in a few minutes.

I think this is it. The Grammar Lady needed it once in the Barbie Basement of Tortured Prose.

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
y

Thanks for the tip SL...I'll have to give that one a try!

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Thanks for the viusal aids SL... oh yeah, nice stick...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: