Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

chapter 19

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Johnny Slipknot

chapter 19  Reply with quote  

The Monolith typed slowly. His large fingers hung in the air above the keyboard like they were waiting for prey to surface. Brow knitted and tongue out, he stabbed his way across the black keys of the lap-top.

He missed the days before the ‘Rise of the Microchip’. He had learned to adapt, of course, but with a computer in every home…well, it just wasn’t the same, was it? PC’s, cell-phones, pagers, digital this, that and the other had changed the landscape. It no longer had the Romance it once had. He fancied himself a romantic. He finished typing just as his phone rang.

“Yes.” He rumbled.

“How are we progressing?” The voice was formal and taut.

We? Something’s hadn’t changed. “It’s hard to say. I have not recovered the codes, if that’s what you’re asking. Not yet.”

“Time is running short, may I remind you.”

“You may. But, I’m moving as fast as I can and do not care to be rushed.”

The voice on the other end was still for a moment, then, “Have any of them unlocked the message yet?”

“No. But they now have the proper incentive to do so. That, or flush out the little Pirate for us. Either way, it’ll take time.”

“If that information get--”

“I am aware. I’ll be in touch.” He disconnected.

Tossing the phone aside, he tilted the screen back, re-read what was there, and said to no one, “No romance.”

He clicked ‘send’ and waited.

JS

Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: