Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

book signing
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
oatmeal

book signing  Reply with quote  

Hey AG when your new book (congrats by the way) hits the stands, is there a chance that you could show up in the buckeye state for a signing?
Do you have control of the locales that you visit?
It would be a pleasure to shake the hand of the man who makes us all giggle

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Catch42

*sniff!* I've taught him well!
Oat has a point...can you dictate where you go for signings?

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
chris
Site Admin

You guys, the worst signings I've ever had have been in Ohio, so while my readers there may be enthusiastic, and I appreciate that, there's only about eight of them. And besides, when my home state turned the election for Bush, in '04, I vowed I'd never set foot there again.

Don't feel bad, I ain't going to South Carolina any time soon either.

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Catch42

Well...that sucks!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Maddie

Chris, am I correct in the assumption you will be signing books somewhere near Cambria?

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oatmeal

well hell, we can drive into michigan
even though, after an hour of being in wolverine country
my valve seems to close.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jillybeans

In about a year, there may be some great ocean front property in Louisiana and Texas. Too bad Bush can't be there now. Hah! Worst hurricane ever was in Galveston and Corpus Christi. I still don't want Cheney as President and he could go to Texas too.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

At least you had the luxury of not being in Ohio during the 2004 election. Right after GW won I made the same vow to never set foot in Ohio again. Then I went "so much for that vow" and continued about my business.

How about Pittsburgh? Louisville? Buffalo? Indianapolis? CHICAGO? I'd drive to Chicago. I didn't mention Detroit which is closer, cuz, like, it's Detroit Very Happy

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Honestly, I can't control where I go, you guys. I usually remind them where I've been and where I haven't been for a while. Like for this upcoming tour, I asked to get to the Baltimore/D.C. area because I haven't been there for two tours. That doesn't mean I'll go there, but they'll put it at the top of the list. Some cities like Denver, San Fran, Portland, and Seattle will almost always be on the tour, because I have a huge fan base in those cities and they come out for the events. Last time I was in D.C. we had an amazing event at Baily's Crossing, VA, but since then the events director at that store has left and it might not be worth the trip (one person can make the difference, believe me). I also asked to do Philly, because I've never been there, but that's going to be my New Jersey visit too, so if you live in Jersey, and you're closer to Philly than NYC, then come on out -- I'm not coming to the B&N that's at the mall by your house.

Other places are logistic nightmares, or I've had bad experiences there, and I'm not likely to be back soon. It's unfortunate, but so many authors have been shut out in events in Ohio, that publishers are loathe to send people there. (Even if they want to go.) (And it's not because it's the MidWest -- we've had stellar events in Ann Arbor, Madison, Wi, and Minneapolis.)

Also, I hate doing events at stores who have never hosted an event. The spirit can be there, but if the community doesn't know about the events, or isn't in the habit of going to events, it can be a miserable experience for me and the book store employees.

So probably not Ohio. But who knows, there may be someplace in Michigan or Indiana that they think I should go. And Bush won't be president forever -- I may become less pissed off at the Buckeye state if I don't have to watch that evil fucktard damaging my country every single day on the news.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lenore

Quote:
I'm not coming to the B&N that's at the mall by your house.

So were you saying you are going to NYC, plus Philly? Or just Philly?

Just so you know I have a huge Barnes and Noble in Paramus, NJ. It's not mine personnally, I don't own it. I just practically live there. There's a coffee thingy to sit, drink and read in.

HUGE! It's like a hotel.

But if you're going to be Mr I don't do Bridge and Tunnel malls...just be that way. Wink

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

oatmeal wrote:
well hell, we can drive into michigan
even though, after an hour of being in wolverine country
my valve seems to close.
If he comes to Ann Arbor or the Detroit area, Jeff and I will protect you from the ravening wolverines.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

I was just giving you a hard time. We don't even have a B&N in Strongsville. Borders was packed for Hairy Pooter, but you're right, there may be crickets chirping if you or really just about any author came around. I know Ohio mostly for grumpy people and horrible parking lot designers. Not fans of the printed word.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Catch42

I would definitly take a road trip to meet ya' A.G.! Ann Arbor or Detroit would work for me. (as I'm sure oatmeal would agree) Keep us posted when dates and locales are final. I've never went to a book signing before and I'd like you to be my first...not trying to sound all "creepy" or anything, mind you!

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Lauren

You can stalk Chris...er, I mean...keep up to date on his signings, using Harper Collins' Author Tracker, too. Smile

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Chris: But who knows, there may be someplace in Michigan or Indiana that they think I should go.

Good!
Wink

Last edited by Lib on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: