Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

book signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alan

DC Area  Reply with quote  

I promise if you come to the DC area(preferably the MD side) I will publicize the event everywhere I go.

Olsson's in Bethesda does good with signings. Of course, you're always welcome to stop by my library in Ellicott City. Smile

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
oatmeal

Quote from "The Sarge"

If he comes to Ann Arbor or the Detroit area, Jeff and I will protect you from the ravening wolverines.

Thanx sarge (sniff).

Oh, and also, there is nothing creepy about CATCH42........yeah right! Razz

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:24 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sara Leigh

The Baileys XRoads Borders still loves ya, Chris. They frequently have one of your books on the shelf where they put employees' recommendations in the fiction section of the store. When I was in there the other day, I think they had at least 1 copy of each of your books if not more. Please come to Baileys again. Please. (groveling here)

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Alan

Sara Leigh wrote:
The Baileys XRoads Borders still loves ya, Chris. They frequently have one of your books on the shelf where they put employees' recommendations in the fiction section of the store. When I was in there the other day, I think they had at least 1 copy of each of your books if not more. Please come to Baileys again. Please. (groveling here)

No. You already had him. I had to drive for an hour in DC rush hour to get there. It's your turn to come see him in MD.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
DanSRose

Re: DC Area  Reply with quote  

Alan wrote:
Olsson's in Bethesda does good with signings. Of course, you're always welcome to stop by my library in Ellicott City. Smile

Olsson's rules. One of the best bookstores around. The Old Town one has good coffee thingy. And the workers actually want to be there.

What about NY? I hear there there are lots of AG readers there.

Adventures!

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
jaandlu

How about Los Angeles AG? Or should I just plan on driving up to San Fran? Either way is fine but S.F. will take a little more planing. You'll let us know as soon as you do right? I just need to schedule my life around it is all.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

I usually do at least one stop in the LA area. I'm trying to get something in Orange County next time too.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

chris wrote:
I usually do at least one stop in the LA area. I'm trying to get something in Orange County next time too.

Woohoo! I get to meet Chris! This just makes my whole year! Or at least my whole next year. This is gonna be so freakin cool. Okay I'll stop now and wait patiently.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
makani

How about stopping in Maui for the next book tour. It's just a short hop from Kauai and I think you did a signing at Borders here for Fluke a few years ago. Or was that just because Fluke was set here?

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:34 am   View user's profile Send private message
Tal

Alan wrote:
Sara Leigh wrote:

No. You already had him. I had to drive for an hour in DC rush hour to get there. It's your turn to come see him in MD.

Too right.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Strange thing. I went to hear Terry Pratchette speak last night. My first booksigning ever where I wasn't the guy signing.

After that, I just want to say to you guys, that if you come to one of my events to meet me, and you find yourself underwhelmed, after anticipating meeting me, I apologize. I'm not quite sure how to address this problem, to make it right, but I can see that it's something I need to figure out -- especially since I've had some sort of corospondence relationship with you, but in a room full of people, we all tend to look alike -- the history doesn't show.

This bugs me.

Any suggestions for how that 20 seconds or so we spend across the table from each other can be less like a moment at the DMV?

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

Whatever solution you come up with as the guy on THAT side of the table, just know that "nice tits" is probably gonna offend someone.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oatmeal

jaandlu wrote:
chris wrote:

Woohoo! I get to meet Chris! This just makes my whole year! Or at least my whole next year. This is gonna be so freakin cool. Okay I'll stop now and wait patiently.

OHH SURE RUB IT IN.....(SOB) Crying or Very sad

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lisa M

chris wrote:

Any suggestions for how that 20 seconds or so we spend across the table from each other can be less like a moment at the DMV?

We could make up a secret code or handshake to identify ourselves as denizens of the boardello. Or, we could wear a red rose on our lapel. How about buttons that say "Board Diva" or "Board Divo"?

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
Alan

deb wrote:
Whatever solution you come up with as the guy on THAT side of the table, just know that "nice tits" is probably gonna offend someone.

Especially if the person on the other side of the table is a guy.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: