Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

book signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
deb

Well, Paul would take it as a compliment, but most men would be offended.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

You know, I hate to disappoint anyone hoping for a Michigan tour stop, but I'm here...so it ain't gonna happen. After all, I've only travelled 6000 miles so far...there are various laws of the suck that tend to indicate I will somehow miss out while I'm over here. So, either there's a stop in Michigan and I'll happen to be somewhere else...or there won't be one.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Alan wrote:
deb wrote:
Whatever solution you come up with as the guy on THAT side of the table, just know that "nice tits" is probably gonna offend someone.
Especially if the person on the other side of the table is a guy.
How about if we say it to Chris? After all, then we'd only offend somebody else standing in line, not Chris.

Oh, but then we wouldn't be able to recognize each other. Hmmm, maybe we do need a sign. Gotta be distinctive enough to spot across a crowded room. Hmmm.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan

chris wrote:

Any suggestions for how that 20 seconds or so we spend across the table from each other can be less like a moment at the DMV?

Free drugs and alcohol during the event?

Also, I'm not saying I want you to do this or anything, but I would like to point out that Lisa Scottoline hugged me when she sound out I was the Alan she has written to over the years.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

makani wrote:
How about stopping in Maui for the next book tour. It's just a short hop from Kauai and I think you did a signing at Borders here for Fluke a few years ago. Or was that just because Fluke was set here?

I'm doing a gig in Lahaina on Feb 12 for the Whale Trust guys. It's open to the public and they'll have books to sign there.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

deb wrote:
Whatever solution you come up with as the guy on THAT side of the table, just know that "nice tits" is probably gonna offend someone.

Hell, there goes about half my presentation. Sad

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Hmmm, I wonder if I can get work to send me to Maui....mmmmm

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jaandlu

Hell Chris you know it doesn't matter if you recognize us. I know I will be up at that table rambling on about pie and I'll make you sign my book to Jaandlu and if you don't figure it out by then I probably won't even notice. I'll just be happy as a pig in shit to have met you. I think we all know you have better things to do than worry about who your board members are. It's not like we actually know you. I think it will be just fine so don't worry about it. It will just be great to shake the hand of the funniest writer on the face of the earth. We do get to shake your hand don't we. Or is that presumptuous of me?

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lisa M

You've hit on it, Jaandlu - We all bring Chris pie!

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mrdodgy

Hey Chris.

Funny to be in line to have a book signed by my favourite British author, and have my favourite American author in line ahead of me. Nice to meet you last night.

Neil

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:13 pm   
chris
Site Admin

mrdodgy wrote:
Hey Chris.

Funny to be in line to have a book signed by my favourite British author, and have my favourite American author in line ahead of me. Nice to meet you last night.

Neil

Right back at you, Neil. I wanted to talk about photography after the event -- saw you using the D70, which I've just bought. Alas, we had a bus to catch. (Nothing but the highest standards, eh? Man there are some crazy motherfuckers in the Haight.)

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
y

Lisa M wrote:
You've hit on it, Jaandlu - We all bring Chris pie!
so Chris, what kind of pie? A whole pie or just a piece? Or maybe we should all just bring pictures of pie - you know, you are traveling and carrying around pie could get kind of messy.

Just asking...

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mrdodgy

You got the number - if you're still in town next week and want to talk cameras over a beer? Crazy weekend, but next week is pretty open.

Only had the digital Nikon a couple of weeks, it still feels more like an impediment to taking photos than an extension of myself. I'll revert to my trusty F5 for anything important that's not on a tight deadline.

Neil

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:50 pm   
Goudron

chris wrote:

Any suggestions for how that 20 seconds or so we spend across the table from each other can be less like a moment at the DMV?

Maybe we could wear nametags with our avatars on them. If you said "Nice tits" to Mrs. Goudron, I wouldn't be offended. Mmmmm... Boobies... I can;t think properly anymore.

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
oatmeal

Hey AG keeping with the theme of book signings,
Do you have any other concrete dates scheduled or is your Lahaina Feb 12 the only one?

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: