Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Time for a sabbatical

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
palmer

Time for a sabbatical  Reply with quote  

Yes, I wanna be a writer!

An it occurs to me that, at the hoary old age of fifty-frickin'-five, I'd better throw as many other things overboard as I can, at least for a while.

My first novel is doing the rounds -- a few nibbles, but no bites.

The second novel is in its second draft, and it's not any easy write. I took on something that was much to big for me, but it seemed like too good an idea to pass up. Sometimes, I feel like Sisyphus.

So I'm taking a sabbatical from this and that, including these hallowed halls until I get some really meaningful progress.

Not trying to be dramatic or anything, just saving whoever's interested from any possible head scratching in the future.

I love you characters!

Later,

John Palmer

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

I will miss our debates so finish your novel and come back soon. We have yet to debate religion; I think we have covered about everything else. Although, I do have Satan to debate with now.

From your nemesis and friend in disagreement, good luck.

FL

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

You must do what you must do. I am glad you are focusing on writing your novel. I wish I could be a writer. Maybe one day I will actually try to write a novel. No wait I take that back. That sounds like way to much work. I'll stick to hobby writing. It's way more fun. All those rules and rejection don't sound like fun. But hey if you're into it go for it. I respect you all the more for it John. Please at least pop your head in from time to time. Just stay out of the debates and it wont take up as much of your time. Can't wait to see your novel John. Keep us posted.

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: