Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

I wrote a story and finished it!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Naked and Famous

I wrote a story and finished it!  Reply with quote  

A few months ago my friend and I were talking and she was telling me that she wanted to be an actress, and I told her that I had always wanted to be a writer. At this point she asked to read something I wrote and I said, "Um, I haven't really written anything since college (1999)." We were joking around and I told her I would write her a story and she could read it. I was seriously intended to to write her a really short story, but it ended up being quite longer than I was planning originally. I finally finished it this weekend and now I'm working on proofreading it. I also have a few more ideas to write about also.

The best part of writing this story is my friend who I wrote the story is really excited to read it and she doesn't read anything. She had a horrible time in school reading because she's dyslexic. (Which is weird that she wants to be an actress because they do have to read a lot, and orally.) A few other friends of mine want to read it as well.

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Regina

Congrats on finishing the first draft!

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Congratulations! Writing is cool, but finishing a piece is even better Smile

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
y

Woohoo!! Congrats to you!!!

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

What's this proofread you speak of? Also, are you going to post it in Fan fiction or are you going to shop it around and try to get it published?

Congratulations on finishing it though. That's just awesome. The only way I could ever finish my story would be to blow up the world and write...

The End.

Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

I don't know what to do with it, I'm just surprised that I finished it at all. You should see all of the unfinished art and crap all over my house. Proofreading is when you read something over and make sure it says what you've wanted it to say, and spelled things right. Maybe it could also be referred to as editing. I used to turn in work in college without proofreading, and somehow still managed to get good marks on it. Then I would read what I wrote and notice tons of errors. The teachers would leave notes in the margins like, "nice detail".

Maybe I'll post some of it pretty soon if I figure out how. It is kinda a love story though.

Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: