Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

You Guys Rock!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rob 1

Congratulations AG!!! I knew it was going to win...Then again knowing guys in the mob is not always a bad thing either. They're good at rigging things. Now if I can get them to rig the lottery....

Seriously though, congrats.

And I like pie! I like pie a lot. Cherry or peach with vanilla ice cream.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
jaandlu

Whoo hoo! Yea Chris! You da MAN! Those Quill Awards are a very prestigious thing to win, you know. Only the best can win. This is fantastic. You make your readers proud. And you did it without the help of B&N. That just shows how awesome you truly are! Congratulations!

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

Re: I feel proud.  Reply with quote  

Congratulations on winning the award. It is, of course, deserved. Now, on to something a little more intriguing.

knikkki wrote:
Congrats Chris ... you're the best baby!

Best baby? Was this an award category that I wasn't aware of? Which other babies were you up against? Is this an author guy fetish or just something you tried once for kicks?

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goudron

DUDE, you beat Stephen King! Not to mention Orson Scott Card and those other peeps.

But really, you beat STEPHEN KING in a people's choice type award for Sci Fi/Fantasy/Horror. I'm not saying to rub it in anyone's face, but that alone is saying a lot. I think a lengthy giggle fit is in order. Don't hyperventilate too much. Congratulations on a job well done.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

I predict a very happy man wandering around in Hawaii, saying "I beat Stephen King!" at random times.

We've already alerted the police. King is polishing up his bruises and will be pressing charges shortly.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

Congratulations! Of course you won, you make reading fun! (and I couldn't let SK win)

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lynn

Congrats, Chris! I voted, but didn't go in much for the intimidation route, more of a mewling and crying and sniffling meaningfully at friends and family who didn't vote.

Unc wrote:

So did you get to attend the awards ceremony? I've always wondered...when it says "presented by" next to an award, do you get to go home with the presenter?

I was going to say that I was sorry to see that you wouldn't actually get to have your award presented by Elmo, but Unc also has a point with the picture.

You should probably be consoled with the fact that maybe you'll meet Elmo. If you do, don't mention the hand up his butt. He doesn't like to talk about that.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
suetu

Ah, Chris is already getting press in the trades. According to Publisher's Weekly, "Among some of the more surprising winners were Deepak Chopra for Peace Is the Way in religion/spirituality and Christopher Moore for The Stupidest Angel in science fiction/fantasy/horror."

You're the Patricia Arquette of the Quills. Shocked

Mazeltov, Chris! Enjoy it.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wolfpac13i

YEAH! We are all so proud of you!!!!! I guess threatening my customers worked! Next year....Best Book!
(and big whoop on the SK thing-the guy hasn't written a decent book since he fired his editor and decided that he could ramble aimlessly for 1000 pages and people would still buy his books. Sad )

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gretchenfaith

He not only beat Stephen King (a mind boggling feat in and of itself), he beat Stephen King AND Terry Pratchett. That's just, well, it's just awesome.

(I did vote for Stephen King in the "sports" category though...and I didn't even read that book...everyone should read King's latest, which is EXCELLENT, "The Colorado Kid" - while we're waiting for April and the AG's new book.)

Hey, maybe now King and Dave Barry will invite Chris to play in their band??

CONGRATULATIONS AG!

GF

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Excellent Chris! Wonderful feeling.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lenore

I'm happy for you Chris.

You deserve it.

you know now you're in for the ego deflation, one always follows the other.

Just let us know about it. I love you're ego deflation stories.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Gratz and then some!!!

So, what do we get for voting for you? I could use a slice of pie.
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

And you thought  Reply with quote  

you wouldn't win??? Will you please stop being such a weenie next time and have some faith in us and when do we get paid for our hard work? Cool Oh I meant that last in a nice way just to cover my butt. I'll have key lime with a cappucino icecream on the side.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ted J

Congats AG!!!

This made the illegal coersion of the people who work for me (i.e, my "Vote or you're fired!" campaign) worthwhile.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: