Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Quill Awards

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.
Quill Awards  Reply with quote  

Well... glad I didn't watch it. AG wasn't even gonna be there, so piffle. Sleepy time for me. But either way, I'm glad you won Sci-Fi AG, I know I voted for ya.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
knikkki

That's really too bad.  Reply with quote  

They missed an opportunity (clearly)

First, it was a show for WRITERS ... don't you think the WRITERS would have been jazzed and written some good, interesting, compelling bits?

Second, it would have been a great way to get people enthused about reading. Sorry ... let me clarify ... It would have been a great way to get people enthused about reading something other than HARRY FUCKING POTTER. Do you think the people that rave and rave about Harry Fucking Potter have ever read Lord of the Rings? They act like JK (Just Kidding) invented the genre. I'm happy for her, and more power to her, but I'm so sick of hearing about Harry Fucking Potter. It's good, it really is. I look forward to the movies, but it's not GREAT.

Sigh. And isn't Deepak Chopra sort of over?

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

gracie wrote:
See, Chris, if you had gone you could have spiced it up a bit. A little bling, a little cleavage (butt cleavage) and you could have had everyone interested.

Writer's crack?

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Catch42

I would have tuned in for that!!! lol!

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Nibbler99

Quill Award  Reply with quote  

It was a waste of an hour. I was soooo disappointed you were not show. They only mentioned a listing of other winners. Big deal.
I'm glad you won. I've been an admirer of your work for over a year now.
Better late than never. Embarassed I hated that show. I wanted to punch Roker out and the "crack whore" too. Wink I would have loved to see you on TV. Please post what your acceptance speech would have been.
Best Wishes = First time poster - Nibbler99

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Re: Quill Award  Reply with quote  

Nibbler99 wrote:
It was a waste of an hour. I was soooo disappointed you were not show. They only mentioned a listing of other winners. Big deal.
I'm glad you won. I've been an admirer of your work for over a year now.
Better late than never. Embarassed I hated that show. I wanted to punch Roker out and the "crack whore" too. Wink I would have loved to see you on TV. Please post what your acceptance speech would have been.
Best Wishes = First time poster - Nibbler99

Here yo go, Nibbler. You need to get on the mailing list. I mailed this out the day after the award. (Mail me and axe to be added, if you're interested.)

Thanks to my readers, you magnificent bastards! You are the brightest, kindest, funniest people in the world, and I say that only because itís kind of true. Thanks to the booksellers and librarians, who nominated Stupidest Angel, and have been recommending my books for years, even when it was not the safest thing to do (Lamb). Who says you canít practice courage in your daily life, even when everyone you know is trying to manipulate you with fear. Thanks to the reviewers who were fair and got the fact that I was just trying to have some fun, and everyone could read was invited.

(About now the music would start playing.)

(Iíll be talking really fast.) Thanks to my agent, Nick Ellison, my editor, Jennifer Brehl, my publisher, the insane Lisa Gallagher, (here some six-foot babe in sequins is trying to drag me off the stage.) Thanks to Michael Morrison, Jane Freedman Ė let go of me, you harpy! Ė to my wife-like girlfriend Charlee, the people of Cambria, California, my catsó

They pull out to go to commercial, just as Iím thanking my second-grade teacher Ė the sleeve has ripped off my tuxedo. The award babe is beating me about the head and shoulders with the award, which is a two foot tall Lucite obelisk with the effigy of Jacqueline Susanne laser-etched into it. Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson have come up on stage to help drag me off. Dave tries to pull off my hair piece, but Iím not wearing a hair piece. He comes away with his hand black from my Grecian formula, which is now running in dusky streams down onto my shirt.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Hey, Chris!

I'm supposed to be on the mailing list, but I never get any of your spam. Sad What else can I do?

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ken
Site Admin

SL: Turn off that spam blocker -- make sure that your ISP isn't blocking mail from our mail server... try using another address at gmail, msn, or Yahoo...

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Well, since I already have my spam blocker set at a pretty low level, I don't think that's it. I think the e-mail address I used is my verizon one, and they don't seem to block much of anything. I'll send my gmail addy and maybe then I'll got some really good spam.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: