Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Jane Hanson is NOT a crack whore.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jpurser

Jane Hanson is NOT a crack whore.  Reply with quote  

Sorry AG, I wish you'd found some other target for your justifiable dissatisfaction with the televised Quill Awards program. Jane is one of my favorite reporters NBC's New York station, WNBC. She's been with the station since 1979, so she does have a few more miles on her than some of the junior high kids currently being hired to read the news. She's won numerous awards, including an Emmy or two and now hosts her own program, Jane's New York, dealing with local issues, people and events. YOU may not have heard of her, but in the New York market, she is quite well known.

I, too, was very disappointed in the Quill Awards Show. My wife was going to be out of town yesterday and asked me to tape it. She was certain they would have some comment from/about you on the show and did not want to miss it. There it was - 42 minutes past the hour, at the end of the list of "also receiving awards," a slide with the book and category on the screen for approximately 3-5 seconds. Big Whoop!!

Oh well. We're happy you won. In fact, I'm really looking forward to the day when, on your next book tour, you find yourself in New York and discover you are about to be interviewed by . . . . . . Jane Hanson!!! That will really be cool!!

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
i8tokyo

Say hello to my little friend...  Reply with quote  

OK, I'll go out on a limb and agree with JP that Jane Hanson is not a crack whore. Given her age and location (Studio 54ish) she may have given favors in exchange for blow, but crack whores have a certain look you don't forget. AG, when you met her next awards show, do me a favor and ask her about the whole 54 thing if she liked the movie "Scarface".

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

I said she was PROBABLY NOT A COKE whore.

The point is, outside of the New York area, nobody knew who she was. My point is ...

Jeeze.

I've changed the reference to coke whore to "not" coke whore.

But thanks for getting the joke.

Last edited by chris on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Re: Jane Hanson is NOT a crack whore.  Reply with quote  

jpurser wrote:

Oh well. We're happy you won. In fact, I'm really looking forward to the day when, on your next book tour, you find yourself in New York and discover you are about to be interviewed by . . . . . . Jane Hanson!!! That will really be cool!!

Yeah, that's gonna happen. Because they always put novelists on TV. But if that happens, I'll be happy to say to her, "Hey, you're probably not a coke whore, huh?"

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Re: Say hello to my little friend...  Reply with quote  

i8tokyo wrote:
OK, I'll go out on a limb and agree with JP that Jane Hanson is not a crack whore. Given her age and location (Studio 54ish) she may have given favors in exchange for blow, but crack whores have a certain look you don't forget. AG, when you met her next awards show, do me a favor and ask her about the whole 54 thing if she liked the movie "Scarface".

And I would point out that the word used was "COKE", not "CRACK", which I'm sure everyone noticed when they read the post.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DanSRose

Exactly. Crackwhores have more "worn tread", or so they say. She just looks 'experienced', like she's been around the block a few times.
Ahh, but she's all right on the Today show.
yay Quill awards

Adventures!

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
gretchenfaith

AG on TV  Reply with quote  

I wish they put more novelists on TV...

Hey, maybe if you found one of Oprah's child molesters, Oprah would put you on TV...and you could plug your new book that way? Yeah, so, in all your free time, you should find one of those guys, and turn him over to Oprah... Razz

Actually, the person who REALLY MUST put you on their show is Jon Stewart.

If you would like, we could start a write in campaign, to get Jon Stewart to invite you to come on his show to talk about TSA 2.0. Very Happy

GF

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jillybeans

Re: AG on TV  Reply with quote  

gretchenfaith wrote:
I wish they put more novelists on TV...

Hey, maybe if you found one of Oprah's child molesters, Oprah would put you on TV...and you could plug your new book that way? Yeah, so, in all your free time, you should find one of those guys, and turn him over to Oprah... Razz

Actually, the person who REALLY MUST put you on their show is Jon Stewart.

If you would like, we could start a write in campaign, to get Jon Stewart to invite you to come on his show to talk about TSA 2.0. Very Happy

GF

I'd vote for that and I'd watch that. I'm not sure who would be laughing more, you or Stewart.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:12 am   View user's profile Send private message
jpurser

chris wrote:

The point is, outside of the New York area, nobody knew who she was. My point is ...

Jeeze.

Ouch!! You really know how to hurt a guy. I got the joke. I just didn't think, in this particular case it was funny. Guess I should have just ignored the whole thing. Sorry.

Then, to make matters worse, I go and misquote you in my subject line (crack instead of coke). Very, very sloppy on my part. I apologize. Sad

And you should be on TV!!

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tal

chris wrote:

Jeeze.

Who the fuck is Jane Hanson?

/Jay moment

Wink

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
deb

Here's the woman, with or without her crack/coke/ubiquitous nose candy habit:

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
conspiracies unlimited

da-damn!!!

If she's a crack-whore, I'm obviously driving through the wrong neighborhoods... I have to drive through a bad neighborhood to get to and from work... get your minds out of the f'in gutter...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:59 am   View user's profile Send private message
zevon

Love the "shipwreck looking for an iceburg" wrap!

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
i8tokyo

Whore might be a bit harsh but...  Reply with quote  

she has hit her head on the underneath side of some club tables in her life. Look at her! She's got that look that says, "I don't have to do that anymore cuz I make serious change now" about her.

Sure, whore might be a little harsh but hey, it fits.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
kimcookie

delicious (nose) candy  Reply with quote  

wow...who would have thought that it's okay to write about pharmacists screwing dolphins, jesus kung-fuing, and bombshells harvesting organs, but a joke about a probably-not-coke-whore news anchor is going to fly over everyone's heads? i mean, i can kind of understand feeling the need to stand by your, well, newsperson, but...hrm. the world is a crazy place, i guess.
besides, there is an air of respectability around a coke whore. okay, not really, but more so than for a crack whore. especially for a coke whore who's hanging around with Mr. "Here's what's happening in your neck of the woods" Roker.

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: