Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

The Worried Pope.

Are we souless?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ferrit Leggings

The Worried Pope.  Reply with quote  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5084947

The pope is worried about the souless lives americans are having. Check it out. He does have a point but souless is a harsh word. I would say I am living more of a ritualistic, i need to take my meds and get rid of satan's voice in my head type of life. Rolling Eyes Kidding.

It sounds like Bush. Mad

I do see his point though, but why do we have to read some Christian book to have a soul? The Tao Te Ching has done fairly well for me. It is closed minded to focus souly only on one text.

Post Sun May 30, 2004 3:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tan

and just who was appointed to judge one's soul?  Reply with quote  

I must admit, after a lifetime, no, three generations of my family going to the same church, I stopped taking my children a few years ago. The prune faced hypocritical Methodists who looked down their noses at others helped me make the choice to express faith in other ways.
And, I know we've had these discussions here before....but who is to say that organized church is the only means to soulfulness? Just closing my eyes as the birds sang to me under the apple tree this morning was enough to refresh my soul. Don't forget the coffee and two Krispy Kremes!

Post Sun May 30, 2004 11:24 am   View user's profile Send private message
Robb

Almost as scary as that catholic bishop telling people who to vote for.
I find that when it comes to the soul it's best to avoid anyone who tells you they have the best method of taking care of it for you. It's your soul take care of it. I could say more but I will save it for a time when there arn't people waiting to use the computer.

Post Sun May 30, 2004 2:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: