Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

TMI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Will you continue to use hotel ironing boards?
yes
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
no
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
What hotel was this?
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goudron

TMI  Reply with quote  

I spent 3 days away from home with one pair of underwear. Thankfully, hotel hand soap is ok to use on items that don't just touch your hands. Is it wrong that I dried them on the hotel ironing board with a hot iron? Will people be unable to use hotel ironing boards with that knowledge? Maybe this should be a poll?

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

Dude, you could have gone commando.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vahlee

gracie wrote:
what is an ironing board?

My thoughts exactly.

I think my husband used to have to use one of those on his uniforms, but not since the army changed to ACU's

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

You can get four days out of a pair of undies. Forwards, backwards, right side out and forwards, backwards, right side in. That's a full four days of undie comfort.

Just to be clear, I don't actually advise you do that.

Ja

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

I do my best.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DanSRose

jaandlu wrote:
You can get four days out of a pair of undies. Forwards, backwards, right side out and forwards, backwards, right side in. That's a full four days of undie comfort.

You can't do that with a thong.
... Or so I hear.

Adventures!

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Don't ask me such serious questions.

I have no ironing board 'cause someone of the male persuasion in this house (methinks spawn) used the board... they claim it was used for a ladder. But the term street luge (testing Ken's awesome spell checker) also was mentioned during the explaining.

The iron - (magically) was found coated with a majorly uberly seriously (the fucking fuckers) stuck on coat of something that magically majorly uberly and yes seriously ruined the ONE thing I decided needed ironed in the past year.

Mind you, my cat Loosafur was just a teeny bit rumpled and a tumble dry did the trick but damn those kids! (Not really, Loos is snoozing happily on the couch) but it did sound better than ironing something I don't have yet that will probably need ironing for hubby's class reunion. This means I need to go shopping. Not for something I want... but for something I have to have. Grrr

Mother's revenge? Yes, there is such a thing. Witnessed a month or 2 ago. Both spawn need the iron and the board and on the same day. One for Homecoming and one for a wedding on the 'man court'.

She smiles. Both were achieved without aforementioned items. But I see these items as being replaced soon and in my near future.

Cool

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

DanSRose wrote:
jaandlu wrote:

You can't do that with a thong.
... Or so I hear.

I don't think Mr Goudron was wearing a thong though.

Or were you, Goudron?

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
y

Ginjg wrote:
Dude, you could have gone commando.
I'm with Ginjg on this one. Twisted Evil

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:36 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katy O

Ugh, man-thongs. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:02 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DanSRose

I've been spending the last five minutes trying to do a good man-thong/thong/cross-dressing joke. But no- I got nothing. But I'll give it a try:

They make man-thongs? I guess, um, my friend needs to dig out his Victoria's Secret receipts.

Did it bring the funny, or just creepy?

Adventures!

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
y

sometimes creepy is funny so in my book you're still okay - um..I meant your friend who needs to dig out the receipts is okay Razz

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Sorry, been busy lately. I would ordinarily have gone commando, but I was wearing my nice go-to-see-the-customer pants (I'm normally stuck in a lab and told not to talk to the customer). We were spending a long time in a hot glass plant, so I didn't want butt-sweat to show through. That might not be appealing to everyone.

I would have done the inside out/backwards thing, but a few years back my boss told me about how he did that for FIVE days, and I vowed I never would.

Due to popular demand, it was the Holiday Inn at Dubois, PA (they pronounce it "do-boys" there), room 130. I really only used the narrow end of it, so in a pinch, feel free to use the wider end. Then again, who knows what people do on hotel ironing boards.

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
y

Goudron wrote:
...Then again, who knows what people do on hotel ironing boards.
I have an idea or five....

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kate R

A good friend of mine's family owned a motel when she was growing up, and she's told me some horrific stories about what people do in their rooms, although not specifically about ironing boards. She said someone shit in the bed - an adult, not kids. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW. Thank God for our immune systems, that's all I have to say.

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: