Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

Unsung Lullaby

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vahlee

Unsung Lullaby  Reply with quote  

Unsung Lullaby

Ever wake up in the middle of the night and wish there were someone there sleeping beside you. Someone you could watch breath and slowly control your breathing until it becomes one with his or her own breathing? It’s almost like an unsung lullaby. Soothing you, telling you that it is okay. There’s someone lying right there beside you and that someone loves you. It’s that thought that fills you with that warm fuzzy feeling. You know you are loved.
It is the simple things that I really miss the most. Sunday was a day that no one could tear us apart – from the TV that is. We sat and watched all of this entertainment and we used the archaic term “stories” to describe them. We were hooked like a housewife watching soap operas, a desperate housewife, maybe. Together we would sit on the couch both burying our faces in pillows and laughing at the awkward moments that our favorite characters experienced. Both of us would give the other glances and giggle.
Sunday night TV was one of the things that bonded us so much. Now I sit here, watching our TV alone. And I wish so much that he were sitting beside me on the couch, completely engrossed in our “stories.” I just have to keep reminding myself that he will be home soon.
Now when I wake up in the middle of the night, I turn over to find only a cold pillow. There is no unsung lullaby to fall back asleep to, only the feeling of being alone. But then, there’s that reassurance in my heart – He’ll be home soon. I will not be alone forever. I just have to be patient, and I will have my unsung lullabies to fall asleep to once again.

Note: This is just something I jotted down this evening. I'm not sure if I want to tweak it, even though I realize the transitions aren't the best, because it is exactly what I feel right now. Can you really tweak an emotional outpour?

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: