Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Searching...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vahlee

Searching...  Reply with quote  

Just a quick question here. Does anyone, anyone! know of a literary agent (agency) around the southern U.S. that will actually deal with the 'children's book' genre? Or possibly a publisher that will read manuscripts without having it pitched by an agent? I've been searching on and off via the net for about 4-6 months now. My current publisher says they don't do 'picture books.' Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

There are quite a few ....  Reply with quote  

I don't know about in the south, but I bought the Writers Market 2006 Guide to Literary agents, and there are a number of them in there that do Children's books. It's worth the investment. Check out amazon.com, there may even be a Writer's Market specific to children's books.

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think about consulting the Writer's market Smile

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: