Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Another Agent wants more, too!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

Another Agent wants more, too!  Reply with quote  

I've come to expect rejection so much (and it does get old) that I kind of stopped sending out queries. I mean, I know my book is good, but I also know it's a HUGE longshot.

Anyway, I got another request for more material and it's just super exciting. It means there's a chance ... there's hope. It's so much less final than a rejection. Which, incidentally, I've probably send out 30 queries total. I've maybe received 12 rejections, and 2 requests for more, so my percentage is really not too bad. I'm kind of a pussy ... Jeez.

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lisa M

WhooHoo! You go!

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

Re: Another Agent wants more, too!  Reply with quote  

knikkki wrote:
....I've maybe received 12 rejections, and 2 requests for more, so my percentage is really not too bad. I'm kind of a pussy ... Jeez.
Excuse me, Knikki, but:

Crap!

You're making steady progress on both producing and selling the novel. That puts you ahead of 90% of the writer wannabes in the world. And you're getting positive responses, which probably disposes of 90% of the rest. If that's what it means to be 'kind of a pussy,' then the world needs a lot more pussies. Onward!

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Re: Another Agent wants more, too!  Reply with quote  

sgt_steve wrote:
... the world needs a lot more pussies. Onward!

Hehehehe.

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

That's terrific! Much better odds than I experienced with my first book.

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: