Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Holy Shit ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

Holy Shit ...  Reply with quote  

Let's see, in numerology

H = 8
O = 6
L = 3
Y = 7

S = 1
H = 8
I = 9
T = 2

EQUALS: 27 = 9 ... Which means closure ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

Which leads me to the conclusion that the Blog post was a total mind fuck.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

May be my fault. I posted it before reading it through. I fixed some stuff -- like starting out talking about War and Peace, and ending up talking about Anna Karenina. Originally I was going to talk about five books, but the post was getting too long.

Carry on.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lenore

Charlie is kind of hot and eventually he will get laid and then bore the shit out of his bed partner as soon as he opens his mouth.

Makes for the good sleeping.

So AG...you're Mac and Cheese?

Is that what you're trying to tell us?

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

I loved it  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
May be my fault. I posted it before reading it through. I fixed some stuff -- like starting out talking about War and Peace, and ending up talking about Anna Karenina. Originally I was going to talk about five books, but the post was getting too long.

Carry on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great post ...

Oh and next time you are in SFO area, you should try the Truffled Mac and Cheese at the Arcadia restaurant at San Jose Marriott. It's the chef from Aqua. It's an incredible restaurant. Ahi Pot Roast, Lobster Corn Dogs

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

I love higher math. Smile

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

I was fascinated to see "Bats: Biology and Behavior" as a related topic.
I love Mac'nCheese.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:14 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

Lenore wrote:
Charlie is kind of hot and eventually he will get laid and then bore the shit out of his bed partner as soon as he opens his mouth.

Makes for the good sleeping.

So AG...you're Mac and Cheese?

Is that what you're trying to tell us?

Or are you trying to tell us you're a gourmet dinner wrapped in a stouffer's wrapper like the cool guy in a geek's body quote or is that a geek in a cool guy's body. I have to admit you do know your literature.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

Quote:
Said the AG:Consider this, if you will. (And you will, because, otherwise you have to do something useful.)

Talk about knowing your audience, Chris. Razz

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
chris
Site Admin

Re: I loved it  Reply with quote  

knikkki wrote:
chris wrote:

Carry on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great post ...

Oh and next time you are in SFO area, you should try the Truffled Mac and Cheese at the Arcadia restaurant at San Jose Marriott. It's the chef from Aqua. It's an incredible restaurant. Ahi Pot Roast, Lobster Corn Dogs

Fog City Diner has a good $9.00 Mac and Cheese, too. Thanks for the heads-up on Arcadia.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bigdamdork

In a textbook case of sick and twisted irony I just took a Applied Statistics final on Friday.

I think I may have just re-injured myself reading the blog.

I was just starting to get the numbers to shut up. I found myself taking notes thinking there was going to be a quiz for sure at the end.

I need a drink.

(Flesch Reading ease 85, Grade Level 4.2)

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ken
Site Admin

What if we look @ first editions:

First US Edition of War and Peace runs about $13,500 (Alibris). At 590,883 words, that's only 43 words per buck.

TSA, first edition, used, $9.50, 56,349 words, 5931 words per dollar.

Way better value this way, too.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Dave S.

Funniest AG Blog Post Ever! Laughing

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PastorCyn

Here's one for you, AG. It sounds like you may be a candidate for the sequel.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0670861944/102-9494738-6847306?v=glance&n=283155

Of course, it'snot all that great of a bargain at $.011267 per word. Less if you don't count numbers which appear in text as words.

Cyn"yes, I was a math major for 2 years"thia

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

Off the subject a wee bit, but have any of you heard of this "Bible Code" theory where supposedly things are predicted like the Twin Towers and World Wars and all that good shit? My first thought? Who would have known that God and his buddies were into word search, acrostics and crossword puzzles. And then I thought "How could that be?" The bible's been edited so many times that we really don't have an original first edition of it. Just a thought. I'll go home now.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Jillybeans wrote:
Off the subject a wee bit, but have any of you heard of this "Bible Code" theory where supposedly things are predicted like the Twin Towers and World Wars and all that good shit? My first thought? Who would have known that God and his buddies were into word search, acrostics and crossword puzzles. And then I thought "How could that be?" The bible's been edited so many times that we really don't have an original first edition of it. Just a thought. I'll go home now.

And to continue off topic, why?

Granted, people in the middle-ages thought on grander scales of time, building cathedrals that would not be finished within the lifetimes of even their great-grandchildren, planting trees in gardens that would not mature for 500 years, but why the hell would the translators of King James place codes. And if we're talking about the earliest versions of the Hebrew Bible, which is essentially the Dead Sea Scrolls, then why would God or his minions make it a secret?

Personally, I have a huge problem with "the Lord working in mysterious ways". Things like, "The fossil record was placed on earth to test our faith." and "The Lord knew about carbon dating, and changed the molecules so you'd be fooled."

Let's not even talk about the existence or not of the Judeo-Christian God. Most people in this country do believe. Fine. But given that, one has two choices:

God has crap communication skills. (or)

We don't matter nearly as much as we think we do.

First, if you are an all-powerful being, and you are actually concerned with the goings on of a race of primates on an insignificant dirtball that you created six-thousand years ago -- then why can't you make your message explicitly clear? It is the responsibility of the creator to communicate with his audience, not the responsibility of the audience to discern an obscure message. Ergo, God has crap communication skills.

Unless:

He doesn't give a rat's ass. In fact, he created rat's asses simply so he could not give them unto you. Unless you doubt all scientific instruments, and your own eyes, the Universe is a really, really big place, (perhaps the biggest) with lots and lots and lots of mass. Of which, we including our planet, comprise very little. So why do we still insist that we are the center of it all. I remember having a buffalo nickle when I was a kid. It was probably the most important thing I owned at the time. If you asked me any time, where it was, when I was eight, I could have told you. I don't know where it is now. In fact, I haven't know where it is for over twenty years. And that nickle represented a damn site larger portion of my reality than Earth does to the Universe. So is it completely out of the realm of possibility, that after the seventh day, when God rested, that he perhaps played with his new toys on the blue planet for another day or two, then moved onto something different, like say, creating a whole different Universe somewhere else, with vaster reaches, and billions and billions of little blue dirt balls.

And if not, why haven't I heard from him. He never calls, he never writes.

So, yeah, Bible code, I don't think so. They need to get over their fucking selves.

Merry Christmas.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: