Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Hero

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lib

Hero  Reply with quote  

Wow, Chris...what a moving post. Cindy's a hero of mine also.

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:13 am   View user's profile Send private message
Adeamus

just to give you an idea of how much i avoid the media, and how efficiently i have unplugged myself out of self preservation, i had to google her. i had no idea who she was.

that being said, she seems like a true hero.

don't be so hard on yourself about not saying anything chris, introversion is not an ailment, it is simply a characteristic, it is certainly nothing you need to apology for (even to yourself) and by taking the time and effort to write this here, well that more then made up for it.

(you could have gone the other way and gotten a big head as your were hobnobbing with the elite and forget about the little people. Laughing)

"As Willie Sutton the bank robber said when asked why he robbed banks, 'because that's where the money is'."

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:46 am   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

I consider my youngest half brother, Eric a hero. he jsut lost his father around chrsitmas. but anyways, I digress.... Chris, Very touchin, happy new year to you, I'm working on my homework of resolutions.

Love- Red Orca Moon (ROM)

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jaandlu

Adeamus wrote:
just to give you an idea of how much i avoid the media, and how efficiently i have unplugged myself out of self preservation, i had to google her. i had no idea who she was.

that being said, she seems like a true hero.

don't be so hard on yourself about not saying anything chris, introversion is not an ailment, it is simply a characteristic, it is certainly nothing you need to apology for (even to yourself) and by taking the time and effort to write this here, well that more then made up for it.

(you could have gone the other way and gotten a big head as your were hobnobbing with the elite and forget about the little people. Laughing)

Yeah, what he said.

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klari

One of the things that makes Chris such an amazing guy to me is that he still thinks like he's the little people. I suppose in the grand scheme of things he's not, say, Robert Redford in terms of fame. But Chris, it might help you in such situations to remember that there are those of us who feel the same when standing in front of you: tongue-tied, not wanting to bother you too much, trying to respect boundaries (and then in our flustered, bumbling state trampling them anyway) and really trying not to prostrate ourselves at your feet and yell,"We're not worthy!"

Or is that just me?

Seriously, who's the famous rock star friend? It's Weird Al, isn't it? Shocked

Oh, and what an amazing experience. It's so difficult to feel that you've fully conveyed your admiration in that sort of situation, I don't know that I'd have felt I could have said anything, either.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
Adeamus

Klari wrote:

Seriously, who's the famous rock star friend? It's Weird Al, isn't it? Shocked

Shocked that would rule. if so, please tell him that i thought UHF was brilliant.

"As Willie Sutton the bank robber said when asked why he robbed banks, 'because that's where the money is'."

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

Yeah, and tell him that I think it's cool that his favorite car is a Nash Metropolitan. My mom and aunt's first car was a Nash Metro and they are still obsessed by them. And my favorite Christmas song is The Night Santa Went Crazy.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

The trouble with introversion is it can be easily mistaken for snobbery, and you have to live knowing you weren't a snob, but someone else might think otherwise. Oh well. I'm sure oodles of people think I'm a snob, but an elite few know otherwise Laughing

I was also moved by Cindy Sheehan's resolve, but I'm sad that her message was reduced (by others) to a political talking point.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: