Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

So, who is the big rock star???

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spyrochete

So, who is the big rock star???  Reply with quote  

Who do you think the big rock star is? Weird Al is already taken.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

Actually, the sad truth is, someone needs to tell Chris that John Tesh is not a rock star.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
i8tokyo

If I recall correctly, Chris drops in on Graham Nash's home from time to time. So I'm going with the safe bet...Wayne Newton. (and don't give me that look, both "Danke Schöen" and "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast" both made it on the rock/pop charts!

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Quote:
Danke Schoen, darling Danke Schoen.
Thank you for all the joy and pain.
Picture shows, second balcony, was the place we'd meet, second seat, go Dutch treat, you were sweet.

Thanks, i8! I'll now have this in my head for the rest of the night.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Naked and Famous

I went to a concert this year where a big rock star dedicated a song to Cindy. This is a big, big group. They sing a song about a Love Boat Captain and one about a Daughter. My guess is that it was him, but I could be wrong.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Sort of the point of the post was that Cindy Sheehan was the person, among the famous, whom I was overwhelmed by. Would sort have diluted the point I was trying to make by mentioning names.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Goudron

Fortunately we diluted it for you, so you're golden Smile

I blame People Magazine et al.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

I totally got the point, didn't everyone else? I was just moving on to the fun part.

So, give it up, AG. You know you want to name drop.

It's Yanni, isn't it?

Am I right? Am I right?

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
Naked and Famous

chris wrote:
Sort of the point of the post was that Cindy Sheehan was the person, among the famous, whom I was overwhelmed by. Would sort have diluted the point I was trying to make by mentioning names.

I got that, I just thought it was cool that you and that guy I was talkinjg about have the same hero.

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

I'm with you AG... Who cares about the rock star... i'm sure he/she is quite nice and all, and the music probably rocks... *snicker*... but the important thing is that Cindy S did something that most of us don't have the balls to do... she stood up for something she believes in... and she did it in the face of adversity... sure, anyone can get up on a soap box and scream, "Animals are people too!!!" (Fucking wackos)... but very little harm will come to these people (wackos)... But in Ms. S's case, 1/2 the country turned on her, and the administration painted her as some anti-american, anti-trooper bitch... and then their spin doctors tried to make her out to be a bad mother...

Yeah, AG... Of all the people that have been deemed hero's by this war, she is the first REAL one, I can think of... That football player? The chcik whose "dramatic rescue" was filmed live and on location? HA!!! I fart in both of thier directions... If I could do it simultaneously I would...

But Ms S... real heroism... if I was wearing a hat, I would tip it to her... I think I'll go out and buy a neew one just for that purpose...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

conspiracies unlimited wrote:

Yeah, AG... Of all the people that have been deemed hero's by this war, she is the first REAL one, I can think of... That football player? The chcik whose "dramatic rescue" was filmed live and on location? HA!!! I fart in both of thier directions... If I could do it simultaneously I would...

Could you work on that and get back to me Smile

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LukeSkywalker

Quote:
Danke Schön

Ohhh... some german words... nice to here that. Very Happy

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: