Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Crap, you just can't say Biff without invoking him, I swear

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Klari

Crap, you just can't say Biff without invoking him, I swear  Reply with quote  

So, yesterday I mentioned that I went to high school with and then ended up dating Biff, aka Tom. And that I didn't know where he was but that last I knew he was living in Metairie, LA and that I didn't know if he'd made it through Katrina.

Who shows up on my porch this afternoon?

So, yay, he's okay. Yes, he was there for Katrina, lost his house, is living out of a van at the moment, but he's up here now and safe and he's a survivor.

Yay. I'll have to try this tactic again sometime.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Klari

He's back in town, looking for a friendly face. I think he's pretty traumatized. He told me some of the stuff he saw and even though this is one of the biggest bad boys I've ever known and I'm sure he only tells me half of the shit he gets into (and that much is pretty scary), it had to be horrific and I think he was just looking for someone he knew would want to know he's okay and would maybe be a good listener. His family relationships are strained at best. He's come to me in the past when he needed emotional support and I've been there for him. I think I'm one of the only things he feels he can count on so when he needs to return to center he seeks me out. I'm not emotionally invested anymore, I accepted long ago that I might wake up to hear he's won an honorable mention Darwin award. But he stopped me from doing something pretty stupid in high school when I was at my lowest point and so I've always returned the favor. What are you gonna do?

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: