Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

I Got A Bite

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
philipw

I Got A Bite  Reply with quote  

It's a young agency and based a simple e-mail query, but they want the first 5 chapters, so I'm excited to actually be putting my work in front of people who might have some good contacts. Of course they might not.

Either way, I'm not really sure what I want in an agent. Sometimes I think about how freakin' cool it would be to get noticed by some established agent, one whose history of authors includes one or two I really enjoy reading, and one who could get me 6 figures on a movie option or something like that. Then again, I get to thinking how cool it would be to find a young, hungry agent, one who has one or two successes, but one who is driven to make a name for him/herself, and one who works hard to make me his/her first bestselling author.

Hmmmmmm...

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

Congrab-ulations

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

I know exactly how you feel ...  Reply with quote  

This is my take on the young agent thing ... If they are willing to take a chance on me, I should be willing to take a chance on them. It's really a business full of people taking chances on each other.

Congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

What is your book about? Do you want to tell us?

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: