Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Love/Hate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lib

Love/Hate  Reply with quote  

To add learn a little more about the boardello members, list some things you love and some you hate. It doesn't have to be a certain amount of things...just whatever pops in your mind.

I love: hot chocolate on a cold day, driving down the highway singing Broadway tunes, watching hummingbirds in the garden, the sound of my son's voice on the phone.

I hate: people who don't use turn signals, spiders, people with no sense of humor.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

I love: My Greggybear (My hubby), Welsh Corgis, Waffles (hrm, I wonder why I named my Welsh Corgi Waffles? *gurgle* waffles.), Writing, Warm Spring/Fall days, Christmas, um...walks ont he beach, sex on the beach (the drink you perves), sex on the beach ( not the drink *wink*), Mario Party.

I hate: Losing at Mario party, My neighbors, getting sand in undesirable locations while having sex on the beach, My neighbors, Chewing gum with sugar, My neighbors, putting on a wet bathing suit, my neighbors, onions, my neighbors.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

I love ...

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Counterpoint Cabernet
spending a whole day reading a book
Baskin Robins Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Gray's Anatomy
Joni Mitchell Court and Spark
Reese's Pieces
Peanut butter on everything
(mines all food related.)
Vegas, Baby! (I love to play Craps)

I Hate ...

Shopping, I really do. It's a nightmare for me.
Fanny packs
Religious people who think they are superior
George W. Bush et al
taking off my shoes and jacket at airport security
My son's music ... oh god, it's just awful screaming and he plays the same songs over and over

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

I love:

A long soak in a warm bath with a good book to read.
Dr Pepper.
Lindt milk chocolate bars.
Girls' game night.
PF Chang's lettuce wraps.
Fresh tomatoes.
Set.

I hate:

Fishing.
Worms.
Geckos.
The annual fall cricket invasion we get around here.
Getting outt of bed before 7:00 AM.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

I Love: Lying in a warm bed an extra 15 minutes. A good cup of strong black coffee. A warm lap cat on a cold day. Iced tea in the summer. A book that transports you. Conversation with witty friends. Bad puns, in moderation. Irony. Fine guitars and those who play them. Happy babies.

I Hate: People who can't admit a mistake. Bad design. Help lines that don't listen to your problem. People who speed up and pass you only to make an immediate right turn. Untrained dogs and untrained children. People who spell worse than I do. When winter turns to mud.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I love: My Scurvy Crew and my Orchestra mafia, my family, the boardello, CM books, Dr. Pepper, the smell and sound of rain, having that good drawing day, all day marathons of Stargate SG-1 and Mythbusters, little toddlers that smile at you for no good reason, sleeping in, days where you just let yourself go at your own pace, my dog, playing that one song just perfect (though the times I choose aren't always the best), reading outside in the park in the perfect weather... wow that's a lot. Shocked

I hate: Driving behind the people who go 10mile behind the speed limit, numerical grades, grades in general, hypocrites, those relatives that ask when your going to find a boyfriend, pinching my facial cheeks, bad BO.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

I love

My family, my guitars, my songs and my words,
And my books and my pooter and the bees and the birds,
and the scent of the rain or of freshly mown hay,
The quiet, loud music, and the end of the day.

I hate

Smoking and puking and not enough sleep,
Being alone at the end of the week,
Michigan roads and American beer,
And getting the blues at least once a year.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UnimportantLime

I love... Singing, guitar, piano, music, movies, good pizza, requited love.

I hate... Lies, unrequited love, not having a job, being ignored

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
sgt_steve

Gotta add one - I just got my first paycheck that included on-call pay. One week in four I carry a beeper and get paged any time anything goes wrong with any system. It goes off 3-4 times a week, which isn't bad. And while on-call is a pain, you do get paid for it. So:

I love opening my paycheck and discovering that on-call means a 20% pay increase. Mind you, I *did* have two on-call periods in that month, so normal months will be merely 10% - but in the previous four jobs I didn't get on-call pay at all.

Maybe I can afford that banjo ukelele.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

Add on to things I hate: Being woken up at 3:30am from a good CSI dream starring members of the Boardello (No kidding, I think I watch too much CSI and spend too much time on the board.) Gracie was playing the part of Grisom...Don't ask me why. And sgt Steve was there, and so was you and you and you...ANYWAY I was woken up to an awful icky tummy. Long story short: waking up in the middle of the night because you have to vomit.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
I love

I hate

Awww ... this made me want to hug you.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Love books music veena starry nights solitude shopping working hard lots of money birds

Hate the fragility of this world it's scorpions electronic stuff shutting down

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DanSRose

I love: My friend O. and all my other friends, driving late nights, take out Chinese, Japanese hibachi, red Chinese markers (the ones that you unwrap to write with), ice cream, coffee, cinnamon, cinnamon ice cream, coffee with cinnamon, cartoons, spiders and birds of prey, new books, seeing authors in person, kittens, scarves, camping, travelling, cute emo girls, and the laptop I've saving up for.

I hate: sitting on my sunglasses making them break, American Idol and all reality TV, football, most baseball, Pepsi and all Pepsi products, Koosh balls, side effects from medication, sand in my eyes and other uncomfortable places, people who you thought were friends, most talk radio especially Howard Stern, Mexican food, people who abuse power, fundamentalists, mysogynists, being depressed, people who don't know their alcohol limit, un-Tylenol-able headaches.

Adventures!

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arioch

I love reading to escape all the things I hate, listening to Nick Cave, being a stay at home Mom, fresh peaches, eating fresh green bean soup on my patio while my 3yr. old son swings in the hammock singing Evil by Interpol, making jewelry, cooking for friends, Firefly, sitting at my computer with fingers poised looking out the window and daydreaming, taking road trips with my Mom and my Son without a set schedule, playing name that tune with my Dad's gajillion songs at parties and always winning!

I hate not having an income and having to start looking for a job, selling my books to make ends meet, ironing, 100 degree weather, the pain of loved ones, not being creative, people who are always complaining, ants, i HATE ANTS, swimsuits and the people who look good in them, the bad decisions I've made.
Cause maybe I don't love you all that much - Dan Bern

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

knikkki wrote:
FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
I love

I hate

Awww ... this made me want to hug you.

A hug would be good, but the wait, I will hate.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: