Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Danish Jihad
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lynn

Danish Jihad  Reply with quote  

I'm going to go ahead and start off this thread with what will no doubt be the least thoughtful response to this blog entry. In an otherwise excellent entry that I was doing some major mental cheerleading for, I find this:

Quote:
Look, take a tour of our red states take a good look at the toothless fucktards who claim to be striking out in the name of the Lord. (Intelligent design, my ass. Again, talk about making the point for the other side.) No, save your cab fare, look at George Bush do you want to equate yourself with the kind of religiously motivated, narrow-minded ignorance that he represents? No?

Don't be ridiculous. Red states don't have cabs. What would be the point? Everyone's got a pickup truck and a tractor. Silly city boy . . .

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
knikkki

All I can say is ... Bravo on the thread, and a big long head shake on the subject. What a world. I'll have a bear claw, please.

P.S. Could there be a more innocuous country than Denmark? Sort of seems like the waste of a jihad.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Don't forget the gun rack in the back window.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:00 am   
Lara as...

OMG! I just finished a book called Something Rotten that had a doubly (triply?) fictional character try to turn the Danish into terrorists through propoganda.

This piece cracked me the hellup 'cuz I kept flashing on that book. You rock on, CM. I am amazed at how much of today's fiction is so freakin' prescient [sic?].

Shit... maybe BushCo and BinCo are fictional characters released from the archives...

Keep telling it like it is, CM. Here and in your books. We're blessed to get some for free and honored to pay for the rest.

Must extract my head from author's butt.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:26 am   
FattyFattyPorkFace

Leave your head up there, Lara. That way we get an early warning when he's about to shit something good out. Very Happy

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
i8tokyo

Anonymous wrote:
Don't forget the gun rack in the back window.

I didn't forget mine. It is not easy to find one that fits a Toyota Sienna Minivan you know.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Excellent blog post, CM. You really need to have your people talk to Jon Stewart's people to get you on his show when you're in town.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kate R

Sara Leigh wrote:
Excellent blog post, CM. You really need to have your people talk to Jon Stewart's people to get you on his show when you're in town.

YES. Excellent idea SL.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

I say yes to the Daily Show thing, and ew to splotchy Bill O'Reilly. Ew.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
plastiquejesus

AG 3:16  Reply with quote  

A-fucking-men.

Now you realise if Palmer had written such a rant, evrybody here would be up his ass about it.

But once again, A-fucking-men, AG.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:38 am   
FattyFattyPorkFace

Re: AG 3:16  Reply with quote  

plastiquejesus wrote:
A-fucking-men.

Now you realise if Palmer had written such a rant, evrybody here would be up his ass about it.

But once again, A-fucking-men, AG.

Yeah, but only because Palmer *ahem* would have written to get a rise out of someone and so wouldn't have worded it so well.

It's the difference between a pro and a prat.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klari

I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the AG when he says the majority of Christians have lightened the fuck up. Looking at the way that the more liberal, lightened up churches are diminishing in number and the growth of the religious right oriented churches, there are still a good many unenlightened Christians out there. However, they would probably not be calling for a holy war, although the boycotting of the publication and Danish eats would likely still be on.

I know quite a few Muslims who would be horrified by the idea of the Prophet being depicted in any form, that's a big no-no. But I also know that TRUE Muslims would not call for Jihad on a whole country for it. And the more learned among them would feel it necessary to point out that it's a cultural faux pas, but would call for forgiveness. One man I know is shocked by things like Mel's movie about Christ because he sees Christ as the Christian Mohammed type. He can't wrap his head around it. Personally, I think that a true Muslim, with their belief that you can't depict Mohammed because you can't recreate the man would look at such an image and think,"Silly Westerners. Why would you even try?" Unfortunately, this is another case of our seeing the bad side of Islam, just like they get to see bad side of Christianity whenever one of the "toothless fucktards" or their mouthpieces do something stupid like declare that the leader of a South American country needs to die. The ones that say the stupidest things loudest get the most air time. And just like Christianity there are fewer true believers than there are fanaticists who don't even understand the basic tenets of their faith.

But yeah, trust the Saudis to withdraw an ambassador. I'm kinda surprised at the Libyans, though.

BTW, did you know that jihad actually means "inner struggle"? So you're talking about an inner struggle against Danishs. I think we can all relate to that.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Klari: BTW, did you know that jihad actually means "inner struggle"? So you're talking about an inner struggle against Danishs. I think we can all relate to that.

Yes, I have a inner struggle with danish every Saturday morning. I can't decide if I want cherry or cheese. Twisted Evil

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Bigdamdork

If I may. I was an adventure tour guide for a year and got to meet many people from around the world doing it. I was corrected by a muslim and Iranian citizen on the word "Jihad." He said we in the West use this term to illustrate a holy war involving violence and terrorists and such. What he told me, sitting at a campfire in the middle of Moab, UT was there can be different kinds of Jihad. A Jihad (his words paraphrased) is just a holy war, but it doesn't have to be against other religions or ideoligies. A Jihad can be declared against hunger, or drugs, or illiteracy. We hear the word Jihad correlated with people dying so much we assume this is always the context it is used in.

Doesn't mean I don't think these people burning flags and such aren't being a bunch of Fucktards because of a cartoon, it's more just a random thought really.

Oh and AG, why is it Fucktard gets caught in your spell check? That ain't right.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Bigdamdork wrote:

Oh and AG, why is it Fucktard gets caught in your spell check? That ain't right.

You're right, but I don' t know how to fix it. Try the Google Toolbar spell checker. I think it works better than our native one.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: