Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Harry Potter

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Spike

Harry Potter  Reply with quote  

My tutor took her children to see Harry Potter, her youngest was 2. The film didn't scare any of them, except where they get attacked by the williow tree. The two year old freaked out and didn't like that part, and hid his face in his Mam.

I havn't seen this film yet, although I am hoping to see it soon. Just need to get to a decent cinema!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Robb

I saw it on a really crappy dvd that had been pirated by a guy who had no clue on what focus means but I still enjoyed it.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Now I've seen this film here is my review...

I was greatly disappointed in this film. The whole school had changed, the feeling was different even the set up was different for example you had to walk down a steep, rocky hill to get to his house, rather than cross a flat green field as in other films.

There were some great parts, like when the students where learning how to reapell the bogit, and we saw professor snape in womens clothes. Lenny Henry and Dawn French lived up to there ever increasing comical skills. The really helped the film.

The feel of the film was all wrong, and the guy who playied Dumbledore Michael Gambon had a lot to live up to, but unfortunatly didn't quite make it. He is missing that air of mystery and authority that Richard Harris had.

The film missed out a lot of the emotion the book had. I couldn't put the book down when I was reading it, but this film, I got restless, couldn't wait until it finished and I could get out of the cinema.

Over all I have seen worse films, but equally I have seen better films. It's a good time waster of a film, or the sorta film you have in the background while cleaning the house, or doing some other mundane task.

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:24 pm   
Spike

Sorry, that was me before. My stupid computer wouldn't let me sign on, and I didn't realise!

Spikexx

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: