Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Question for AG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Klari

You might also try Powell's when you're looking for hardcovers of the AG's stuff. Of course, since I have all first editions (signed) I haven't been looking for a few years. The last ones I got were from Abe books, (BSF and Coyote Blue) but the reason I actually came to quite easily have first editions of almost all of his books is because I couldn't find any of his books for a long time except in used copies at Powell's. They used to have at least a few on the shelf all the time. It didn't even occur to me until right before the Fluke tour that I had first editions. Anywho, they have a website, too.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

Jenny O, thanks for the info. I bought a hard cover Lamb at abebooks. Ebay was going nuts with the bidding and I didn't have the time to sit around and do that. It was making me nervous anyway.

If anyone else is interested abebooks had several copies for sale.

I'm hoping mine is in good condition.

I appreciate everyone who helped me out with my little quest.

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
Spyrochete

Hey AG,
I will be able to see you when you are in Arlington (1st time) Do you normally speak at these things, read, do tricks??? Just wondering because it will be toward the end of the tour and you should be pretty well fried by then.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Spyrochete wrote:
Hey AG,
I will be able to see you when you are in Arlington (1st time) Do you normally speak at these things, read, do tricks??? Just wondering because it will be toward the end of the tour and you should be pretty well fried by then.

Rumor has it that he just sits in a chair and stares back at the throngs of people cooming to see him... Usually its little old ladies with blue have, and rotund men form the mid west wearing long shorts sandles, and blacksocks with leg-suspenders...

He doesn't allow photos, and to discurage the stealing of his soul, he throws pooh at the first person he sees reachiing for their camera...

next question...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Spyrochete, Chris talks! Yes, I have witness this for myself. He also has wears wildly patterned shirts.
Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

who knows I might bring a few "guests" as you call them. actually one is my minion, the other is my caretaker (mom) and then my pods mascot. (the one Sarah and Lisa M met)

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrEMann

chris wrote:
Oat:

Just Fluke and Stupidest Angel are in audio. Fluke in cassette only. Stupidest Angel is in CD and may be downloadable. The new one, I'm told will be in all formats, including 8-track and wax cylinder.

WOO HOO!!! I can't wait for that wax cylinder and I better get the 8 track, gotta have that track change thunk to break the spell periodically Wink

"Look....hmmmm THUNK....A Seagull!!"

AHhh the magic Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

RedOrcaMoon wrote:
who knows I might bring a few "guests" as you call them. actually one is my minion, the other is my caretaker (mom) and then my pods mascot. (the one Sarah and Lisa M met)

you are too funny...

"my pod"... "my caretaker"... that cracks me the hell up... "minion"... well, that implies a potential for coup, so I'm gonna have to put you on my "list of people to keep tabs on"... but if you stay to your side of the Rockies, I think we will be fine...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

knikkki wrote:
Lenore wrote:
I have a related question.

AG, was Lamb put out in hard cover? My daughter bought it with the original soft cover and I bought one with tne newer cover...also a soft cover. I would love a hard cover version if it's out there.

There's ONE on eBay going for $45.00 ...

Aw man! My mom ripped the dustjacket on mine when she borrowed it. If I get it signed, will it still be able to be sold for an ungodly amount of money when I'm dead?

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Goudron: If I get it signed, will it still be able to be sold for an ungodly amount of money when I'm dead?

I'm taking my copy with me. Twisted Evil

Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lenore

I got my hard cover of Lamb today from abebooks. Really fast delivery.

The book is a library copy I think. Good cover but marker on the edge, so not perfect but exceptable. I'm a happy woman.

I want Chris to sign that too. Will you AG? Please?
Is it bad book signing etiquette, to bring a book to sign along with the new book?

I promise I won't ask if there's a huge group.

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Lenore wrote:
I got my hard cover of Lamb today from abebooks. Really fast delivery.

The book is a library copy I think. Good cover but marker on the edge, so not perfect but exceptable. I'm a happy woman.

I want Chris to sign that too. Will you AG? Please?
Is it bad book signing etiquette, to bring a book to sign along with the new book?

I promise I won't ask if there's a huge group.

No, that's fine. It's only a problem if you bring a buttload. Some stores have limits.

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

I took all of mine to the Fluke tour with no problem from the bookstore. It seemed like a buttload to me, but then I'm a little person. Probably depends on whose butt you're using as the benchmark. I only have a couple for this one. Smile

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lenore

Quote:
No, that's fine. It's only a problem if you bring a buttload. Some stores have limits.

No, only Dirty Job and Lamb.

Thanks Chris.

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mandi

i will be bringing lamb, a dirty job and practical demonkeeping for signing in harrison, 4/18. and yes, i'll be the one either crying or struck dumb with celebrityitis. Shocked i am so PROFOUNDLY HAPPY about this. who needs megamillions?!

mandi, lapsed board member extraordinaire xoxo

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: