Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Apologies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should I attend my 20th
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Yes, Just how bad could it be
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I've been waiting 20 years to get back at you for what you did
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
conspiracies unlimited

Apologies  Reply with quote  

I'ld like to apologize for and childish comments that I have made recently, and/or will make in the next few months... especially in regard to sex and/or women/ and or anything remotely inappropriate... but it seems that I may be heading toward a mini-mid-life crisis thingy...

I am coming up on my 20th HS reunion, and I have been corresponding with one of my best friends from way back then, and all the reminising has sort of got me thinking... and I can't seem to turn off half of the thoughts that keep popping into me wee brain... unfortunately, my bud and I spent our entire Sr year trying to score as often as possible... i would say humanly possible, but we were more like rabbits... and so anyway... many of my thoughts seem to be centered on childish HS sexual pranks...

Picture The Last American Virgin, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Porky's... and Losin' it... all rolled into one... that was sort of my life for awhile... and now all these old memories are comming back to bite me in the ass like a bad case of the clap... I've never had the clap, but I'm guessing it bites pretty hard...

So, anyhoo... while I've never feared or dreaded growing older, it seems that sub-concously there may be some issues...

I am now seriously debating bailing on my reunion, for fear that there might be some disgruntles ex-GF that remembers "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" and all that that my entail... or maybe there is some chick that remembers that one party where I accidnetally took several (24) photos of her getting beat stupid by some other chick while having sex with a 3rd chicks BF... yeah, that was a weird evening... and since one of my ex-GFs recently started asking about me, I'm a tad concerned that maybe I should not attend... or at the very least, go into hiding...

So... again... I apologize for any weird or inappropriate shit that might find its way into one of these otherwise normal threads...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jay

I vote for choice E - Let FFPF go in your place. He can wear your name tag. Who's gonna know?

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:17 pm   
conspiracies unlimited

jay wrote:
I vote for choice E - Let FFPF go in your place. He can wear your name tag. Who's gonna know?

Good point... no one has seen me in 20 yrs... and I dind't talk much, so the accent might not matter...

Hey... FFPF, you game???
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
suetu

Wow, CU, my 20th high school reunion is on August 5, 2006. I'm having totally different issues than you. I've been contacted by many old friends I haven't seen in years and years, and it's been nice. I didn't do anything I'm ashamed of back then.

And for a while, I was seriously considering going. Back when I was dating the most wonderful man to ever walk the face of the earth. But now that I'm back to my natural, living-with-a-cat, spinster existence, somehow I think I'll skip comparing lives with all my happily-married, child-rearing, financially-secure peers. I don't even want to see the happily divorced ones. Being 3,000 miles away gives me an iron-clad excuse to blow it off.

Susan

http://inoneeyeouttheother.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Naked and Famous

I went to mine a couple of years ago and it was really fun seeing all the guys that were super studs and how they turned out. I even took a few pictures with them. One of the guys had a great time talking and joking around with me until I pointed out that he never talked to me in high school. Maybe when you go the little red haired girl that you couldn't even say hello to although she was sitting right next to you in class for years will get the better of you as well. Maybe not. I hope that helps.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
jay wrote:

Good point... no one has seen me in 20 yrs... and I dind't talk much, so the accent might not matter...

Hey... FFPF, you game???

You wouldn't have aged much.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
i8tokyo

Personally, I would and did pass on the 10th, 20th, 25th, and whatever else reunion those bastages will throw at me. I'm not even close to the same person I was in high-school. I hung out with those people because of proximity, not because I would have chosen them as life-long friends. I did a lot of crap I would rather forget and hanging out with them would just tend to remind me. (Bell bottoms and polyester leisure suits are best left forgotten as well as ex-girlfriends.) Nothing good can come from attending your reunion unless you have just won the lottery and have some payback to administer to the guy who had the Corvette but is now bald and driving a Yugo. Do what you feel you need to. But remember, those ex's have husbands now. They may be pissed that you used their "now" wifes as rubber sex toys. Go packing and wearing kevlar...

Just say'n

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
i8tokyo

There would be one REAL good reason to go.

If you were Q, it would be a good idea to go and explain why the next time they all saw him on the tube it would be on "Cops", methed out beating the crap out of 2 police officers. He could tell them it was all casting and they needed a fill-in for the real perp. Rolling Eyes

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

You told me once although I will not repeat it verbatim that I shouldn't apologize. Razz Why is it okay for you and not me? Twisted Evil

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

Sigh ... High school. It's a pretty bad time of life, and once it's over it really should be put to bed for good. Yet we remain fascinated with it and them. The people. The people who were our friends who we no longer have anything in common with. The ones who were so mean to you back then, and caused you hurt, who don't even remember your name. The ones who were too cool, and now ... total dorks.

4 years of being crammed into a forced society. You want to relive that?

FUCK YES!!! Morbid curiosity is a beautiful thing. Go.

Last edited by knikkki on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

I attended my 20th reunion with Ron. Turned out, he knew more people than I did (he was a math teacher at the school). Anyway. Glenn, a kid I'd known from elementary school through graduation came up to me and pulled my hair. He had always been a thorn in my side, making me his special project of torture. I was good friends with his sister, he with my cousin. It was impossible to avoid the torture day after day. He asked me to the bar and said he wanted to talk to me.

We sat down. He looked me in the eyes and said "Deb, I have to apologize. I made your life hell, and I knew I was being mean. I couldn't even tell you why I did it, but my mother summed it up in an easy sentence. She said 'You always hurt most the one you love.' I think she was right. I believe it was my hope that I could make you stop being on my mind if I was just mean enough to you. It didn't work. I hope you've been well. I just wanted to let you know that you have never been far from my thoughts and I'm glad I had this opportunity to say it to you. I wish I had handled it differently then."

Wow.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lib

Wow, Deb...that is a wonderful story!

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jay

...and then you kneed him in the groin, right? Come on, just say you did.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:43 pm   
deb

In all honesty, tempted though I was, I did not kick him in the groin. He had a miserable drinking problem, his wife had recently left him, and he'd lost his job. I won, without ever retaliating.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FattyFattyPorkFace

deb wrote:
In all honesty, tempted though I was, I did not kick him in the groin. He had a miserable drinking problem, his wife had recently left him, and he'd lost his job. I won, without ever retaliating.

I had a similar opportunity when an old school bully apologised. His apology went along the lines of, "Really sorry I made your life hell. I was a stupid kid, but it's not like I was the only one doing it. You've done alright since. You were a bit fat back then and irritated me. I'm sorry."

To which I, quite rightly and quite graciously, replied, "Fuck off!"

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: