Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

What Do You Look Like? Tour ID
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chris
Site Admin

What Do You Look Like? Tour ID  Reply with quote  

K, here's the thing. We had the picture thread, which got filled up with people talking about the pictures, so this is a new picture thread -- specifically for those of you who think you are going to be at an event on the tour.

You see, I'll be meeting about, oh, four or five thousand people that month, and I want to give you guys props, but 1)I have no idea what many of you look like, 2)I have no idea what your name is and 3) I will be living on a steady stream of Ambien and jet lag, so I'll probably forget anyway, but still

If you'd like to post a pic with a first name, I'll try to at least recognize you. I'll probably ask your name again anyway(hell, last tour I forgot the name of someone I've known like ten years, but like I said, that's the Ambien kicking in) so there you go. Of course I would recognize Sgt Steve, and assume is name is Steve, and FFPF is Jeff, and he's recognizable, and of course, I'd know Lukaret by the gentle lapping of her tongue against her shoes when she walks, but many of you are just little cartoon pics.

So, roll call peeps.

Picture, First Name, City your Likely to show up in.

(And for god sakes, don't get your feelings hurt if you go, "I'm Cindy, from the board, and I give you a vacant look because here you are known as NERD-Vixen 6 or something.)

If you don't know how to post a pic, someone will help you. Not me, but someone.

Last edited by chris on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

And if you need help posting a picture, see here  Reply with quote  

Look here for lots of help on posting a picture, including a place you can mail it to so it can be posted on the board. The offer of space still stands.

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zevon

Name's John, I look pretty much like this except taller:

I'll be wearing a shirt quite similar to this one, but larger, providing it arrives shortly:

I'll be carrying one of these, please advise what flavor it should be and I'll be accomodating:

Will definitely be in San Diego, 50-50 Pasadena, outside shot Orange County, depending on my work schedule.
Been a fan for a long time and am looking forward to meeting you.

Seriously let me know what kind of pie you want and try to remember to take the ambien after the signing. Wink

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

I am Nicole, I'll be seeing you in Corte Madera. My avatar is me. I am no longer tan. You won't recognize me, but I'll remind you.

Looking forward to it!

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

Ginjg = Ginger
See you in Pasadena on 4/5. I'll likely be wearing a fruitbat diva of the boardello shirt

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arioch

My name is Heidi and I'll being seeing you in Capitola without my shades if my Dad is out of the hospital by then. I don't have bangs anymore as I let them grow out but I'll be there and wearing something bordelloish. Most likely embroidered shade wearing fruitbat something or other. I didn't have time to post a pic. so my avatar is back to being me and not those freaky neon orange flamingos.

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
UnimportantLime

Here's a picture.

My name is Eric. That's an old-ish picture, but I still look like that. I will be seeing you in Milwaukee. And you'll be signing at least two of your books. Smile

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
sgt_steve

Sometimes a BBS isn't the best way  Reply with quote  

I strongly suspect this item is going to wind up with 30 or 40 pictures in some jumbled order. Poor Chris is going to have to try and scan it via some unreliable hotel connection before every stop and try to remember which one goes where.

So - I've fixed this. If you take a look at this page, you'll see a photo gallery of folks who'll be hitting the tour sorted by date and stop. Take a look at it, and page down to the April 8 entry for Birmingham, MI entry to see me and Jeff (Jeff, advance apologies for posting a picture of you without your permission).

If you'd like your photo to appear on that page, here's what you do:

Post it here, or email it to me, or send me the URL along with

• Your permission for me to post it,
  • Exactly which stop you're going to be at;
  • An optional few words on what you'll be wearing,
  • Your real name if you want it on that page.
  • Any other stuff you want to add.
I'll upload it to my web space and add it to the appropriate part.

I reserve the right to edit and crop to reduce the size. If more than one person is in the picture, let me know which one is you and I'll crop it appropriately.

If the page gets too big (and I expect it to!) I'll make separate pages for the stops that have a lot of photos. That'll make it easier for Chris to only have to view/download the page for a given date.

Ginjg, zevon, knikki, arioch - may I grab your pics? Please PM me, don't clutter this item any more than needed.

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Lib and The AG

Lib's the one without the beard.

(Note: Steve, you have my permission to the tour's travel page - Lexington, KY.)

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

Tracy (prevously determined to be the bald guy) and the lovely lady is Kristin
We will be at Third Place Books Lake Forest Park, WA on the 25th, looking very similar, only in color.

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Spyrochete

posted on Steve's site.

Last edited by Spyrochete on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Okay, this is me. You can call me Jason. Actually, Chris, you could probably call me biotch and get away with it.

I'll be in Pasadena on 4/5. Woohoo!

Last edited by jaandlu on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ginjg

OhMiGawd, Ja's gone all Hollywood on us. Who'da thunk it?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris
Site Admin

Re: What Do You Look Like? Tour ID  Reply with quote  

gracie wrote:
chris wrote:
for those of you who think you are going to be an event on the tour.

I am going to try real hard not to be an event on the tour, but I'll be there with Lisa M and I have a feeling she is very eventful. I'll be the one standing next to her trying to be uneventful.

Thanks for bringing that typo to my attention, G.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Naked and Famous

My name is Jami, I look like my avatar but only longer hair and not so blonde. The dead give away is that I am only 4' 11" and look like a 6th grader. I'll be at Lake Forest Park on the March 25th.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: