Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Improved by Zombies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Click

Apparently Paris Hilton can't be improved by zombies...but that probably goes without saying:

Source

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
conspiracies unlimited

ZOMBIES!!!  Reply with quote  

I saw the last 1/2 of a Twilight Zone-ish show the other night... i have no idea what channel it was on, or what the series is called, but the episode was called "Homecoming"... it was about zombies... it was REALLY good...

It was about zombies... for some reason some political guru thought it would be a good idea for dead soldiers to come back to life and vote for the prez that sent them off to die in an unpopular war (Iraq... no, not some veiled reference to Iraq, but really Iraq, as in this stoopid war), and so anyway, they get all pissy about the whole thing, and anyway, it was REALLY good...

If anyone can find out more about this, I highy recommending checking it out... it was cool, and full of anti-war zombies... which I don't think has been done before... which made the whole zombie thing kind of more interesting... so... Zombies IMPROVED BY Zombies... wow... didn't see that coming!!!
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Re: ZOMBIES!!!  Reply with quote  

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
I saw the last 1/2 of a Twilight Zone-ish show the other night... i have no idea what channel it was on, or what the series is called, but the episode was called "Homecoming"... it was about zombies... it was REALLY good...

It was about zombies... for some reason some political guru thought it would be a good idea for dead soldiers to come back to life and vote for the prez that sent them off to die in an unpopular war (Iraq... no, not some veiled reference to Iraq, but really Iraq, as in this stoopid war), and so anyway, they get all pissy about the whole thing, and anyway, it was REALLY good...

If anyone can find out more about this, I highy recommending checking it out... it was cool, and full of anti-war zombies... which I don't think has been done before... which made the whole zombie thing kind of more interesting... so... Zombies IMPROVED BY Zombies... wow... didn't see that coming!!!

Joe Dante's Homecoming on HBO's Master of Horror Series - Slate article

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
demophobe

Re: ZOMBIES!!!  Reply with quote  

Ginjg wrote:
conspiracies unlimited wrote:

Joe Dante's Homecoming on HBO's Master of Horror Series - Slate article

It was better than I expected. Netflix has it. The parallels to real life were insanely freakish. The religious folks supporting the dead when they first found out they wanted to vote, then TURNING it all around upon finding out how they were voting. HA.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
conspiracies unlimited

yep, thats the one!!! great flix... and yes, the religious right folks were quite frightening...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lynn

Beta Male Mike wrote:
The Da Vinci Code could have been much better with some Mary Magdalene
resurrected zombie action. Hell, bring back all the saints, but I am afraid Jesus would be nailed back up on the cross ( or these days probably killed by leathal injection) by his own "followers" (I may add with all due respect that I am not talking about all Christians when I make the latter statement.)

Zombies are cool.

An added bonus here of course being that, as saints, they don't decay. So they would be the natural choice for undeadification.

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Click

Apparently Legos can be improved by Zombies:

http://www.dyzplastic.com/projects/cus-lego01.php

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Drop_Dead

Politics. Braaaaiiiinssss!!! Braaaaiiiinnnsss?!??!

http://www.myspace.com/10455951

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Drop_Dead wrote:
Politics. Braaaaiiiinssss!!! Braaaaiiiinnnsss?!??!

Politicians don't carry enough sustenance for a zombie; as you state, zombies require brains.

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Poofiemus

I can't believe no one's said this yet, but anime would be greatly improved by zombies. Even good anime would be improved by zombies! Fullmetal Alchemist, for example, is totally begging for zombies. And the totally crack-high series like FLCL and PuniPuni Poemi would actually make MORE sense with zombies!

Also, webcomics are improved by zombies too. In fact, Megatokyo has zombies and actually recently acquired MORE zombies! O fabjous day! Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jillybeans

Lynn wrote:
Beta Male Mike wrote:

Zombies are cool.

An added bonus here of course being that, as saints, they don't decay. So they would be the natural choice for undeadification.

Try the History Channel some time. They had this one on Saints Revealed and I would think it's kind of creepy to have a mummified body sitting up staring at you while you're supposed to praying in full church regalia. That' s plain fucked up. Talk about a guilt trip. Talk about needing therapy for the rest of your life. I still shudder at it.

to quote Oliver:

"Brains, glorious Brains".

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
Laveric

A new thing to be improved by zombies.... Flash Mobs

Here is a link to an article about a recent zombie flash mob.
or you can jump straight to the photo gallery Here

Post Sat May 26, 2007 11:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
NumberZen

Has anyone mentioned the C-Span networks yet?

Those and Lifetime are the only things I could think of right now.

Post Wed May 30, 2007 11:01 am   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

Book TV

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Post Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: