Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Improved by Zombies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Klari

Chamber music

Sex in the City (well, really, anything with Sarah Jessica Parker)

The View definitely but the problem is they wouldn't take out that Elizabeth bimbo

I'd say anything with Kevin Costner, but yeah, too late.

Joey "Hey, how you do-HEY!!! What are you doing? Dude, that's just NOT cool."

Boy bands (oop, yeah, again with the too late)

It's A Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th St. "What do you mean you don't believe in Santa Claus? What about zombies? Surely you believe in zombies? Oh no? Just look that way for a moment, dear."

It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Catherine

Improved By Zombies  Reply with quote  

Any number of Customer Service centers, hotlines, kiosks, parking lot booths, front desks, back offices, boiler rooms, etc.. At least you'd be mildly entertained while failing miserably at getting any assistance. And who knows, maybe the Zombie would at least offer a little dish of Goldfish Crackers.

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Klari

Catherine!!! Hey girl!!

Glad to see you back around these parts!!

BTW, I found a hotel room that is essentially a studio apartment with a kitchen in Venice for a very reasonable price, so I'm totally set for this trip and I'm excited to get down there and see ya!

Forgive my excessive use of exclamation points!!!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

What else could be improved by zombies?
Cheesey yellow goldfish crackers.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
terryb

Brain, brain - what is brain??  Reply with quote  

I know I'm gonna rouse serious levels of ire on this one, but I'm thinking _many_ of the original Star Trek episodes could be improved by the inclusion of zombies.... "You are not morg - you are not eyemorg!"

"Brain, brain -- what is brain??"

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:18 pm   
conspiracies unlimited

I've put some thought into this thread... and I can only come up with one thing that without a doubt CANNOT be improved by zombification...

wait for it... wait... wait...

SEX!!!
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Aubie

American Idol, Survivor Zombie Island....that sounds good.

Maybe Eyes Wide Shut? Worst movie ever, I would have liked zombies in masks eating brains to striking piano music while trying to make an artistic impression.

Wal Mart greeters.

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Re: Brain, brain - what is brain??  Reply with quote  

terryb wrote:
I know I'm gonna rouse serious levels of ire on this one, but I'm thinking _many_ of the original Star Trek episodes could be improved by the inclusion of zombies.... "You are not morg - you are not eyemorg!"

Um, William Shatner, need I say more?

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
i8tokyo

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
I've put some thought into this thread... and I can only come up with one thing that without a doubt CANNOT be improved by zombification...

wait for it... wait... wait...

SEX!!!

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt to prove it. You're right though, sex cannot be improved by zombification. still better than no sex.

-"Some people are like slinkies--they are good for nothing, but can still bring a smile to your face by throwing them down a flight of stairs."

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

sgt_steve wrote:
What else could be improved by zombies?
Cheesey yellow goldfish crackers.
NIIIICE!

hmm well how about a family reunion.
"Oh hey and you brought grandma to-wait a minute.... Grandma jsut died like two month ago.... "

Grandma: Brrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains... and flesh...... GIMME!

chuck norris roundhouse kics the zombies

family: where did he come from?

chuck norris: I am everywhere... >.> <.< now.... give me your brains,.....

family: Shocked Shocked Shocked

meh i was funnier earlier....i ran out of ideas... i'll think of something at work....

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zevon

From another site I frequent, courtesy of an Austin newspaper:

They sing! They dance! They're dead
Friday, March 10, 2006

Sometimes Austin gets too weird.

Austin actor and photographer Dan Eggleston is helping make a zombie film called "Z: A Zombie Musical." The movie featuring plenty of dancing and singing zombies is being filmed around here (Austin, TX), and the plot starts out with a bang.

"Three nuns are skinny-dipping on Lake Travis," said Eggleston, the co-producer, who has appeared in more than 100 movies, often in bit parts. "And a very cute pug dog floats out on a door and bites them and turns them into zombies." The pug, which plays itself, is named Mabel. At least they didn't use a stunt pug. So how will this musical compare with, say, "Oklahoma?" "Well, you know, you're never going to top 'Surrey With the Fringe on Top,' " said John McLean, of Austin, the producer, director and writer of the low-budget ($20,000) film.

McLean says he settled on a zombie musical because it would be cheaper to put together than another more elaborate movie idea he had. Besides, he likes zombies. "I've just been kind of fascinated with them for a long time," he said. "I've always liked the genre." Speaking of the creative process that led to the script, McLean said, "We've never seen a talking zombie; hey, what if they can dance and sing? Let's make it a musical. That was kind of the progression as I put it down on paper. I wanted to see a different side of zombies."

In the movie, zombies sing a variety of show tunes, among them "Zombie Girl," "Zombie Human Love" and "Zombie Walk." The film will have a chase scene, but it has yet to be completed because of a glitch. "The owner of the van moved to Nebraska, and he's supposed to be visiting here so we can finish shooting the shots where we need the van," Eggleston explained. The van is a green VW bus. So it's going to be a slow chase scene. Even I can run faster than a VW bus. Eggleston's movie credentials are impressive. For example, he played an audience member in a film called "My Name Is Buttons."Incidentally, former Mayors Jeff Friedman and Bruce Todd have agreed to appear in the film as zombies. Eggleston said Mayor Will Wynn has also agreed to perform, but Wynn did not respond to an e-mail question about that. Eggleston explained the mayors' parts: "It's going to be three (maybe four) zombies holding directional signs by the side of the road." "I told 'em I would do it," Friedman said. "It's not a choice role, but I'm going to do it anyhow. There are no small roles, just small actors."

Friedman pointed out he played a DJ in the Peter Fonda movie "Outlaw Blues," so what the heck. "In fact, I got a royalty check in December for $10," he said. Todd said he was looking forward to appearing in the movie. "It ought to be showing off Austin as arising in film making," he explained.

Anyway, after the nuns are bitten by the pug and turn into zombies, the plot thickens. "The nuns (named Faith, Hope, and Charity) are taken by Dan the Traveling Salesman to Zomburbia," Eggleston said. Zomburbia: I'm guessing Round Rock, right? "I modeled it on Pflugerville," producer McLean said. "The zombies live in a suburban environment, like Pflugerville. Most zombie movies begin with the plague. Mine is more of a mature world."

Eighty percent of the shooting has been completed, and Eggleston says they hope to have the movie finished by next month, well in time for the Austin Film Festival's mid-July deadline.When completed, Eggleston figures, it will be the first zombie musical film ever. There must be a reason why one was never made before."We've already had somebody from Oregon who wants to produce it on stage," Eggleston said. More proof that people on the West Coast are nuts.

John Kelso's column appears on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

O.K. So the object of many a diva's lust, CF, last night asked arquette if his new movie had zombies AND wherher they were slow or fast zombies.

Me thinks he lurks in the boardello, divas.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kianu

Klari wrote:
terryb wrote:

That's why he wears the Shatner 3000 toupe', to cover the brain gaping hole.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

Congress

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zevon

Kianu wrote:
Klari wrote:
terryb wrote:

That's why he wears the Shatner 3000 toupe', to cover the brain gaping hole.

Denny Crane.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: