Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

I'm walkin' on french horns! Ohohoh! Don't it feel good!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.
I'm walkin' on french horns! Ohohoh! Don't it feel good!  Reply with quote  

ahem

*stands up regally and bows*

not only am I going to state solo and ensemble, but, I have an opportunity to go to Japan, or Germany.

If i go to Japan, I shall go for ten days(missin' school WOOHOO!) =) and I shall play star wars and other music with the Sapporo Philharmonic!

Ah but if I go to Germany, there will be a camp that happens every year in a castle, for I don't know how many days, and it is not a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, I could go next year.

I'm going with JAPAN!!!

this my friends, is why french horn has honor, is the godliest instrument, and is also why Portland OR RULES!!!

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Congratulations.

I think Japan is a great choice.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Curly

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I was raised. My only problem is when the monsters are out.

thanks, oh and i read the read this AG for the tour thing, I LOVE IT! sorry, I'm really enthusiastic right now.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Curly wrote:
thanks, oh and i read the read this AG for the tour thing, I LOVE IT! sorry, I'm really enthusiastic right now.

And well you should be. State and Japan. Germany next year, and in a mere three years, you'll begin study for the Rites of Passage and your Assension to Divohood.

You are permitted to wear your tin-foil hat in public. It will bring you honor in the Boardello if you do so at State and for your entire tour in Japan.

~~~~~~~

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Curly

yeah, i think not on the tin-foil hat. Could it be made out of fluffy bounce? Razz

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Please see Conspiracies Unlimited for re-education.

~~~~~~~

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Curly

*in german accent*

nein! nein! i vill not be commited to doing zis! so I say NEIN! *in american*or two or three, wait no NEIN!

Ah yes, and sorry for not doing this in News And Noise. yes I'm a noob, but I shall overcome it!

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lukaret

Location: ... Hell. No wait... make that GP, Texas, that's about the same thing.

Curly wrote:
*in german accent*

nein! nein! i vill not be commited to doing zis! so I say NEIN! *in american*or two or three, wait no NEIN!

Ah yes, and sorry for not doing this in News And Noise. yes I'm a noob, but I shall overcome it!
You're excited, I think we can forgive you for that. But congrats! I have a friend who plays the cello and got to go to like, Austria. So it's a real reflection of your talents, young Curly. Good job.

Facebook Me!

I have a Twitter too.

Slowly returning from the hell pit that is college. I hope. D:

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Curly

thanks, yeah, I guess you could say excited, after all my sister saw me drooling and chasing my tailbone and barking like mad when I found out I get to go.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jay

I've always wondered why there's never been a jazz French horn... ist.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:21 am   
SissiSue

good choice ... no really!

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

I fully expect to see pictures of you posted here at the Boardello, wearing a tin-foil hat... since tin-foil is hard to come by these days, you may feel free to substitute it with Aluminum Foil... off brand is ok, however Reynolds has a much better shine...

If you do not wear said hat in public for a combined total of 3 hours 47 minutes and 12 seconds... please supply at least 7 photos in at least 3 different location... I will mercilously hound you, and demote your miserable state to lower-case status, just like canadia... You will go from Curly, to curly he who brought shame on that hippy freakfest of a state now known as oregon...

Do you want that, Horn-boy? Do ya???

oh yeah, gratz on going to state and all... have fun iin Japan... oh yeah, they totally dig cool things like wearing foil hats in public... they are all about whacky shit like that... I have a frienbd from Japan, and he says they do crazy shit like that all the time... He once wore a tupperware bowl to school for a month... at the end of the month, he cut his hair around the rim of the bowl, so that he looked like a funky monk... crazy shit i tell ya... now, go make a hat...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

jay wrote:
I've always wondered why there's never been a jazz French horn... ist.

Yeah. What's up with that? Hey Curly, can you play some jazz on that thing? Cause you would be really cool then.

How about funk? Cause I would love to hear some funk on a french horn. That would kick ass.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Klari

Funk french horn? Isn't that what comes out when you chemically clean it?

Yeah, the whole jazz thing and French Horn boggles my mind. He's had music teachers who said they'd find jazz French Horn music so he could do jazz band but then they just try to get him to switch to trombone or something which he won't do because he won't mess with the embechure.

Actually, some of the music I've given him for his iPod is kinda Ska in nature and he's been talking about how the trumpets need to be replaced with French Horns and maybe fooling around with it.

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:46 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Jazz Hornists:
Willie Ruff
Jim Rattigan
Julius Watkins
John Graas,
Thomas Bacon
Vincent Chancey
John Clark
Richard Todd
Tom Varner

The Book Jazz Cafe has original compositions by Bacon, Chancey, Clark, Todd and Varner. Rattigan has a couple albums including "French Horn Jazz".

Gil Evans and Miles Davis used french horn in their orchestrations so you may want to check those for ensemble pieces.

~~~~~~~

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: