Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

My first go at it - be nice

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
oatmeal

My first go at it - be nice  Reply with quote  

Ok, this is my fisrt try at creative writing

Sound is silenced as the florescent yellow sponges start to expand.
The feeling of numbness fills your ears.
You get used to it.
Without the hearing protection, the continuous thunder of the machine would render your ears ringing like a headbangers in the front row of an Ozzy Osbourne concert.
The heat of the molten lava that pours from the overhead furnace is almost unbearable in the summer months.
The two thousand plus degrees of the flowing liquid is cut, forced into a revolving carousel, molded into shape and when cooled, turns into the goblet that you drink your favorite merlot from.
It?s eight and the gate and you find yourself driving home on interstate I-75.
It?s just another typical day at Libbey Glass.
But not today, not for Wally.
Wally is pissed that he has got to get up out of his chair and chase the machine around while that ?fucktard? he?s relieving gulps down an ice cold Mountain Dew in the break room.
He thrusts his gloved hands into the spinning metal skeleton to change a worn out finish mold.
Cursing out that lazy bastard, he tries to retrieve his hand only to find that his glove is caught up on a lever.
The muffled scream of the machines alarm blares throughout the plant as Wally is dragged past a safety device and into the machine.
The alarm keeps sounding until an arm shoots out from underneath the covers and hits the snooze bar.
?Damn, what a nightmare. That settles it, I?m definitely calling in sick today.?
It serves Wally right eating three spicy burritos right before going to bed.

Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:12 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: