Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Bon Voyage, Mr. Moore.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
knikkki

Bon Voyage, Mr. Moore.  Reply with quote  

OK, I realize Chris isn't here right now and furthermore that even when he's on tour, he'll still check in, but I wanted to wish him a good trip none the less.

So ...

Chris,

I wish you a happy, fun, successful (and hopefully not adventurous) book tour! Thanks for taking on an utterly GRUELLING travel schedule to get out and see us. (Especially in light of the challenges you are currently facing at home.)

May the people on planes next to you not talk. (Unless you want them too, but eww.)
May the flight attendants not eat out of your nut cup.
May your luggage always end up on the same flight as you.
May your hotel beds be comfy and your hotel rooms be quiet.
May you stay WELL the whole time.
May you earn bonus miles. (I love bonus miles!)

I will see you in Corte Madera and I will not bring pie.

HAVE FUN! We appreciate you and are eager to see you!

Nicole

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lynn

Good idea, Nicole.

I concur and also mentally give you (by which I mean think, If Chris wanted pressies, I would bring these things, but since he doesn't I'll just hope he has them handy when he needs them) Airborne, vitamin C, and lots of bottled water because airplanes are where germs and dehydration lie in wait.

Hope you have the best trip you possibly can given that you get on a plane everyday and people keep moving your bathroom around.

--L

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
UnimportantLime

Chris rocks! Have a good trip! Avoid Canada!

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
knikkki

Thanks for the reminder, Lynn.

This stuff is the best. Take at the first sign of cold or flu and it really can stop it. (I've had fevers before, taken this stuff and woken up well.)

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lynn

Yeah, plus it tastes like sugar.

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
knikkki

Lynn wrote:
Yeah, plus it tastes like sugar.

Did you ever notice how you get a little rush right after taking it? A friend of mine calls it "The crack"

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stackyroo42

Best Wishes on the Book Tour!  Reply with quote  

Have fun.

May your hand not cramp up with all the signing.

May you magically avoid all the complete fucktards.

Sadly, I won't see you...as my dog sled is broken and there's no one to watch my igloo here in Canada while I'm gone.

Wink

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Knock 'em dead Chris. Wink

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ginjg

Swiftly and safely, like the wind. May all obstacles bend before you.

See you in Pasadena. Very Happy

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vahlee

Re: Bon Voyage, Mr. Moore.  Reply with quote  

knikkki wrote:

That just sounds dirty.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

Re: Best Wishes on the Book Tour!  Reply with quote  

stackyroo42 wrote:
Have fun.

May you magically avoid all the complete fucktards.

Wink

Nope, that's unavoidable. Curly and I will both be there.

Safe travels, Chris.

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

Re: Bon Voyage, Mr. Moore.  Reply with quote  

Vahlee wrote:
knikkki wrote:

That just sounds dirty.

I know, but just imagine ... You are sitting in business class on a flight bound from San Francisco to London. Your connection was late, and you are FUCKING SCARY HUNGRY. You cannot wait for your cup of warm nuts. Instead of the flight attendant bringing you said warm nuts, she stands in plain view of paying passengers and eats their treat.

True story.

Fucking United. Thought I flew them today, and they were pretty good.

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nutty Guest

Nuts come in a nice warm package, not in a cup! unless you're playing baseball. And who WOULDN'T want a pretty stewardess eating your warm nuts. My guess is Chris would really enjoy that, lord knows I would! Laughing

Chris, let the stewardesses eat your nuts
You have the write to stab any fucktards with your pen while you are signing (Shakspeare said it was mightier than a sword after all, so that gives all authors the write to use it as one)
As a fucktard fan, I'm looking forward to a good stabbing, see you in Santa Rosa Wink

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 am   
JennyO

Here's wishing you safe travels, no turbulence, quiet hotels, and lots of anti-bacterial wipes. Oh, and no crazies at your signings. (Except me.)

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:23 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

JennyO wrote:
Here's wishing you safe travels, no turbulence, quiet hotels, and lots of anti-bacterial wipes. Oh, and no crazies at your signings. (Except me.)

Yeah, I hope that lady with the hat doesn't show up. Does anybody remember what city she was from?

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: