Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Bon Voyage, Mr. Moore.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
derreka

I will be at the booksigning at Naperville, IL on the 9th and it will be my virgin booksigning experience. To tell you the truth, I am just a little nervous about it and on edge..like bear Very Happy . How does a CM booksigning ususally go? Does he read from his work? answer questions? should I dress up like a Klingon? (no wait that is something else entirely) I heard CM talk about the women at one signing that all came wearing oven mits on there hands (ala the Secretary in Lust Lizard). I'm wondering if I should start looking out for a mint green suit.
Also, I chacked out the website of Monique Montil (the SF artist where CM got the idea of the little skelital demons). He lists her webpage on the last page of "Job". Thought it would be really cool to have one of those sitting on my work desk (maybe a squirel head Bob the accountant). Talk about your conversation starters. I emailed her because she doesn't show any for sale on the site and she said that she does sell them but only at her gallery (Paxton Gate in SF). She has a Charlie Asher made and displayed now. She may update her site to give out purchasing info in the future. She seems like a real sweet person.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

derreka wrote:
I will be at the booksigning at Naperville, IL on the 9th and it will be my virgin booksigning experience. To tell you the truth, I am just a little nervous about it and on edge..like bear Very Happy . How does a CM booksigning ususally go? Does he read from his work? answer questions? should I dress up like a Klingon? (no wait that is something else entirely) I heard CM talk about the women at one signing that all came wearing oven mits on there hands (ala the Secretary in Lust Lizard). I'm wondering if I should start looking out for a mint green suit.
Also, I chacked out the website of Monique Montil (the SF artist where CM got the idea of the little skelital demons). He lists her webpage on the last page of "Job". Thought it would be really cool to have one of those sitting on my work desk (maybe a squirel head Bob the accountant). Talk about your conversation starters. I emailed her because she doesn't show any for sale on the site and she said that she does sell them but only at her gallery (Paxton Gate in SF). She has a Charlie Asher made and displayed now. She may update her site to give out purchasing info in the future. She seems like a real sweet person.

Monique is terrific. I met her for the first time last Wednesday, althought th NYTimes seems to think we're fast friends. Her new creatures are even better than the one's she shows on her site, and the one she made "from" A Dirty Job is spot on. They are not, however, cheap. If you saw the intricacies of the costumes up close you'd see why, They are, very simply, amazing in detail and must take many, many hours to make, and that's just the clothes. I have no idea how she decides about the creature's aspects. But if you have the money to spend on art, I think they are well worth it.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
starry starry night

Chris, I hope you enjoy the cheesy goldfish crackers I brought you Smile You asked me if I was too shy to blog, so here I am! Thanks for the compliments on the smiles!

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:57 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
derreka

chris wrote:
derreka wrote:

Monique is terrific. I met her for the first time last Wednesday, althought th NYTimes seems to think we're fast friends. Her new creatures are even better than the one's she shows on her site, and the one she made "from" A Dirty Job is spot on. They are not, however, cheap. If you saw the intricacies of the costumes up close you'd see why, They are, very simply, amazing in detail and must take many, many hours to make, and that's just the clothes. I have no idea how she decides about the creature's aspects. But if you have the money to spend on art, I think they are well worth it.

I had a feeling that they might be very expensive. Just from the site you can tell that she puts a lot of work into each one and besides its like when you are at a restaurant and the menu has no prices...you better be ready to break out the AE if you are going to have a meal.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:12 am   View user's profile Send private message

Why thank you Gracie! Can't really say I've ever been shy, just worried I won't be as clever as all of you Smile

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:00 am   
deb

Anonymous wrote:
Why thank you Gracie! Can't really say I've ever been shy, just worried I won't be as clever as all of you Smile

Half these people aren't clever. They're on psychotropic meds.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jaandlu

gracie wrote:
my little voice said Deb steals psychotropic meds Rolling Eyes

Your little voice? Well, we know who's meds deb is stealing, then.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

starry starry night wrote:
Chris, I hope you enjoy the cheesy goldfish crackers I brought you Smile You asked me if I was too shy to blog, so here I am! Thanks for the compliments on the smiles!

I had them for breakfast at the airport. They made waiting for the flight to board that much better. Put that on the list.

Thanks.

I know I said don't bring me stuff, but the GF crackers -- well, they happened at just the right time.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
starry starry night

Amazing! My life is complete! Seriously though, I made it a life goal to meet Chris... and I can't stop smiling like an idiot! Hopefully sometime I'll regain my normal self and be able to speak to other human beings Embarassed

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JulieB

Amazing! My life is complete! Seriously though, I made it a life goal to meet Chris... and I can't stop smiling like an idiot! Hopefully sometime I'll regain my normal self and be able to speak to other human beings Embarassed

You will. Join the crowd of the Cult of the CM/AG. It is fun and you should stick around. They (now me) are a great bunch. Cool If I do say so myself. You are just in your fan/god thingy. It goes away soon to be replaced with the god/fan thingy.

I have been reading Gracie too much. I need some meds. Gracie? Shocked

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Naked and Famous

Amazing! My life is complete! Seriously though, I made it a life goal to meet Chris... and I can't stop smiling like an idiot! Hopefully sometime I'll regain my normal self and be able to speak to other human beings :oops:

Just hang around here. We all feel this way! Great to have you join us.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sgt_steve

deb wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Half these people aren't clever. They're on psychotropic meds.
Some of us require psychotropic meds to be clever. Why else would Deb steal them?

Last edited by sgt_steve on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Welcome aboard, starry starry night. The pie is good but the cool-aide is suspect.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
derreka

Is everyone REALLY REALLY busy during the week? There were a flurry of posts and then ....s i l e n c e.... Or is everyone talking about me in another room? LOL just kidding. Hope AG is still alive out there. You folks on the left coast take it easy on him so that he still has some spunk left in him when he gets here in red-state (grrrrrrrrrrrr) land (mid-west). I think I will start another poll in a new message. Cya there!

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

No one was talking about you, derreka. Swear. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: