Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

laughing room only in capitola!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
edrie

laughing room only in capitola!  Reply with quote  

tonite, chris met with a standing room only crowd in the third leg of his book tour - and all i can say is if you are ANY where near one of his sigings - GO! GO! GO!!! the time flies by MUCh too quickly, though! an added treat was the appearance of the legendary charlee, who is as real and gracious and delightful as chris! they are a perfect compliment to one another!

chris is truly amazing - the insight and wisdom he brings through his humor is wonderful! "a dirty job" is not what i had expected. he spoke of why he wrote this book (following the death of his and charlee's mothers) - of his desire to bring the topic of death out of the shadows and into the light. what he has done is take away the "fear" and give us all a chance to confront with laughter what is inevitable for us all!

we are all so fortunate to have a beacon to guide us safely through life's harbor by making us laugh at ourselves, our foibles, our fears and our actions.

so, while i am waiting to pick up my copy of "a dirty job" until next week (long story) - i'll just have to re-read the rest of my "moore" - what a joy to envision a world with "moore" instead of less!

thank you, chris, for sharing your wisdom, your wit, your writing with all of us - and thank YOU, charlee, for sharing chris with us as well!

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

damn! that sounds so fuckin formal!  Reply with quote  

what i REALLY wanted to say was this... you know how you get an image of people in your head - people you want to meet but haven't.

well, usually, the only thing that comes out of meeting them is HUGE disappointment - the "special" person is not anything like what you imagined or hoped for.

well, chris isn't like that! he is EXACTLY what i had hoped he would be but was expecting NOT to be! he is EXACTLY like he appears here on these boards - he is EXACTLY like what he writes - he is, in a matter of speaking, the true WYSIWYG!! [for non-geeks - that means "what you see is what you get"!]

there isn't a phoney bone in his persona! there isn't a pretentious artist waiting for adulation! there isn't an arrogant s.o.b. waiting to take home that HUGE paycheck based on OUR hopes and expectations that don't have to be lived up to!

he seems truly amazed that we are out there - reading and loving every word he writes or speaks.

in short, folks - christopher moore is "everyman" - he is "one of us" to the inth degree!

if you have ANY possibility of going to one of his signings - to hear and meet this wonderful, humble, creative genius - PLEASE get thee to a signing!

it was one of the BEST days of my life for meeting true artists! - and i've met quite a few. he ranks up there with Sir John Guilgued, Sir Cyril Richard (original Capt. Hook), Tommy Tune, Edward Albee and others i've had the privilege of working with and meeting! meeting chris ranks right up there with the time i stumbled into the offices of MAD Mag on MADison ave. in ny and met and visited with bill gaines - another unassuming genius.

chris, i'm really glad i met ya!

and charlee, you, too!!!

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: