Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Too Long?? No Way!

Which of CM's novels should be the first to be made into a movie?
Lamb
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Blood Sucking Fiends
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
Stupidiest Angel
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Practical Demonkeeping
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Coyote Blue
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Fluke
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
derreka

Too Long?? No Way!  Reply with quote  

Just finished "A Dirty Job" and loved it except for one thing.... it took me just 2 days to read. I read one critic who complained that "job" was too long...at 384 pages, it is way too short..I would have loved it to be 3,384 pages long. Can't wait for the next one! I reread all of CM's books just before I read "A Dirty Job" and although it is totally not necessary it sure is fun having all the come-back characters "Fresh" (ha ha get the pun there) in your mind before you tackle "Job" Now I have asked CM this before, but I have to put it out there..I jUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NONE OF CM'S BOOKS HAVE BEEN MADE INTO MAJOR MOTION PICTURES!!!!! We all need to tell Hollywood that they are missing the boat here and instead of doing 20 remakes of "With 12 You Get Eggroll", lets see something REALY hilarious but with a heart that reaches inside you and pulls at what makes us all human..our spirit. Or is mine in my glowing red iPod?

Last edited by derreka on Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
MrEMann

AG could write a novel as thick as the Unabridged edition of The Stand, and it would be just right. Chris writes in such a way, as I see it, that the text flows well and holds your attention so you do not notice how long the books are, unlike SK's Insomnia which just kept going and going and going and took forever to get to the point. The stories just read way too fast. Very Happy Not a problem, unless you are as big of a fan as we are here.

Each of his novels is, in my opinion, exactly the length it needs to be.

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
RedOrcaMoon

Location: someplace...probably inside my head or in another world

*grumbles* I barely got to hold it *sniffle snivel* shes reading my book and now I wont sopeak to her cause she is reading my book... T_T *pouts* i wanna read it too! before its too late... >.<

ok I voted lamb for obvious reasons, and because we need something as funny as that, and I would be one of the ppl who camps out overnight ot watch the movie and to order the movie on DVD

Last edited by RedOrcaMoon on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgt_steve

I vote 'BSF' for first film. It's very visual, it's very accessible, and it's got lots of sex with attractive young people. And fairly cheap special effects, like turkey bowling.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lenore

I think I agree with Steve. I would like Blood Sucking Fiends to be the first movie.
Even though Lamb is my favorite I would be too nervous Hollywood would play around with it too much.

I also feel a movie with the blend of comedy, angst, sex and horror would be a lot of fun. I don't mean a parody like Dracula, Dead and Loving it or Love at First Bite. I mean a much funnier Lost Boys.

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie failed at it too but I think it can be done because the TV show did it beautifully.

As for A Dirty Job being too long? I didn't get that at all. It was over way too fast for me and I'm not a speed reader.

Last edited by Lenore on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
knikkki

I think Hollywood would ruin Lamb. I actually think A Dirty Job would be a great movie. And of course, Love Nun. Ahh ... Tucker.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Click

Heaven forbid Hollywood getting hold of my beloved Pine Cove. They would rape it and turn it into Brad Pitt land. No way. At least with BSF they have a ready made set and a limited set of characters....actually about all they can handle with any efficiency. But I suspect the 5 Wangs will be dropped out of the script for really stupid reasons.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
starry starry night

Personally, Id have to say BSF would be the best movie. Lamb is hands down my favorite story, but I think it would be butchered if turned into a flick.

Whoever said "Job" was too long was on some serious drugs. I wish Chris would write a book that was long enough that I could read constantly every day for the rest of my life... although I suppose that would be asking a bit much Laughing

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:31 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
derreka

So great to get so many responses! I voted for BSF for 2 main reasons..#1 it is one of my favorites (how can you have just ONE favorite CM novel?) and B just to see Nikki Kidmann in the role of Jody...(she's perfect for it!). Of course, I think that AG/CM should be thoroughly involved in any screenplay and when I was rummaging through some of his old interviews, he at one time expressed that as a goal in his life. Now that he is a bigshot AG with upteen books and thousands of loyal (if not slightly ...umm lets say ... eccentric) fans, he can call at least some of the shots. H/W is letting directors and screenplay writers stay closer to the book now-a-days it seems (look at BB Mountain, all the Harry Potter films etc). But when I read Disney has the rights to Demonkeeping (I think that would be a great one too if you were looking to do sequels), I shuttered. I'm afraid that Disney has a habit of "disnification" almost everything they touch (look at Broadway) and a G-rated Practical DemonKeeping with a Catch with great big blue puppy-dog eyes would just make me PUKE. PS Nun is also one of my favorites (certainly for its "come up-ance" ending). Who would make a good Tucker? (please NOT Brad Pitt..lol)

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: