Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> A Dirty Job

Did I read the right book?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tal

Kianu wrote:
Very Happy Oooh, goody!! Very Happy I just happen to be in possession of a new CM book that's never met my ass.

Lib wrote:

There's got to be some kind of reply to that...someone help!

Twisted Evil

Lara wrote:
ADJ, Kianu's ass.

Kianu's ass, ADJ.

Click wrote:
Not in the butt! Not in the butt!

ROFL

Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ckfencer03

i guess everyone is entitled to their opinions. but seriously? this person obviously takes his/her/it's religion way to seriously if they can't take a joke (which is obvious by the books that he/she/it noted... i bet he/she/it hasn't read lamb yet)

but whatever, you can't please them all

i bet he/she/it was the little old lady who sat next to me on the plane.... i bet if he/she/it had buisness cards they'd say "fucktard... destroyer of happiness and bad critics of good books"

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
DanaMichelle

A wise man once told me that having a "surprise" ending isn't nearly as important as having a satisfying one. I thought the fact that Charlie was oblivious to his daughter's role was one of the things that made the book funny. The ending was satisfying. I had to have a cigarette I was so satisfied.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aubie

First: If Fucktard read AG's other books, it would have known that Raziel was a fucking idiot from the get go...soap operas anyone??

And two, I was going through a pretty shitty time in my life, my best friend lost her baby. And all those days in the hospital/visiting I had ADJ and thank god for it, it kept some sanity in me...and as fucked up as that sounds, this book will always have a special place in my heart...and those around me who got a hell of a laugh about KITTY! and Bob.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it bunghole beetle reviewer! Smile

It's pronounced Aw-Bee if you were wonderin.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tim bar Levi

ADJ was a pretty funny book...i do not agree with the review except in one area...it does not even come close to comapring with Lamb as he funniest work...AG set the standard too high with Lamb...that is the book that i compare all other AG books to...and so far...none can compare...but ADJ is worth the money and worth the time it takes to read...i laughed my ass off numerous times over

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

I think 'Lamb' is and will be the AG's EPIC story for the ages. But ADJ was funnier, in my opinion. 'Lamb' couldn't have been totally slapstick or else it would not have gotten the respect it so rightly deserves.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tim bar Levi

Joelibris wrote:
I think 'Lamb' is and will be the AG's EPIC story for the ages. But ADJ was funnier, in my opinion. 'Lamb' couldn't have been totally slapstick or else it would not have gotten the respect it so rightly deserves.

true...i see you point...even though Josh had his slapstick moments it did not have the super hilarious dialogue that ADJ did...to me Biff stole the show in Lamb but AG spread the wealth out in ADJ...but then again...ADJ had some really tender moments too as did Lamb

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

Even the tender moments in ADJ ended up with a laugh, albeit not a guffaw like the obvious jokes got.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tim bar Levi

point well taken...i guess i will adopt you as my AG translator... Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: